• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Your/Cool Shift Knobs.

Am I the only one who likes the stock shifter? I like the clear plastic coat over the gear numbers, that is enough class for me...

I think it goes well with the interior in my GL, then again it is a GL
toocool.gif

Am I the only one who likes the stock shifter? I like the clear plastic coat over the gear numbers, that is enough class for me...

I think it goes well with the interior in my GL, then again it is a GL
toocool.gif

There is nothing wrong with the stock shift knob. Unfortuantely they are no longer available. When I got my 99 the knob was worn a bit who knows how, then my Jarhead son drove it an somehow it got a bit worse. The Couger knob is the best replacement I could find.

BTW all interiors are similar, and they are what you make of them GL, LX, SE, SVT.

my 2 cents,
AF

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy late to the party:shrug:
btw,i like the stock knob myself
2962671_77_full.jpg

2962671_79_full.jpg

Last edited:
wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy late to the party:shrug:
btw,i like the stock knob myself

good, want to trade your B&M for my 90,000 mile stocker? :shrug: Where can I get the B&M that works with reverse lockout? I like my reverse lockout...

what are the thread size and count for a stock shift knob?

Could be wrong, as I have no real knowledge on it, but based on the shift knob that someone else posted, and the specs on it, 12mm x 1.75 :shrug:

Back