• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

X-type to a SVT contour? :D

98_C-SVT

CEG'er
So i was sitting reading some and just wondering to myself, why not (i know money is needed but its a "what if") get a x type and rebuild the exterior to look like a ford contour svt? I mean why take the allwheel drive system and fab it up on the contour when you could just Mod the exterior of the xtype? All emblems inside too. Not only that Up the trans and toss on a turbo and have yourself a 400hp 3l AWD SVT? Would be a one hell of a luxury Contour :laugh: hehe..
2000-Ford-Contour-00113321990001.jpg

350419929_a2e6c1aae5.jpg

"It is built from Ford's CDW27 platform, which it shares with past models like the Ford Mondeo, Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique, and Mercury Cougar." I knew i wasnt reading BS :laugh:

Jag X-type is built on the 01+ Mondeo platform. That's quoting todras so that's coming from someone pretty knowledgable.

Maybe thats why its says "from" rather then "on" the platform. Its just a updated CDW27. Plus im not talking about Taking body panels off of the contour and puting them on the jag... Just Mod the front grille, headlights, hood and rear light etc. ($$$$, lol) Like i said its a "what if" :shrug: And yes possible but is it right to make a jag look like a ford? Up to you to decide.

Ya no kidding, Cause no lie, if i had the money for an Xtype. Believe me I DONT want my jag to look like a ford... But i would like to buy a wrecked xtype and swap it all to a decent csvt... Dont tell me its not possible we have put a Chev 350 in a mazda pick up and one in a 92 accord... now im not saying they will last long, but hey you do what your paid to...:laugh:

:nonono: Just a idea and for those who want something unique. Shoot i like the look of the CSVT so much that if i had the money id do it. w00t

:nonono: Just a idea and for those who want something unique. Shoot i like the look of the CSVT so much that if i had the money id do it. w00t

if you like the look so much...

why not just BUY one?

this is almost like buying a Cobra and putting the Cobra R kit on it when i know i can find one for sale...(yeah prices might differ, but still)

Because if you have the money, doing it is half the fun. If I won the lottery I would build a v8 contour. It would cost an ungodly amount of money, but with money being no object its the fact that you did it. The only thing that would be "contour" left would be the interior and body, but still a contour :). He is just trying to think of a situation where you don't worry about money.

If you want an AWD Contour, import the drivetrain, etc from an AWD Mondeo (the one which does share the CDW-27 platform) over in Europe.

I remember back in the day a guy from Europe was selling his AWD zetec Mondeo for about $11,000. It ran 11s.

Because if you have the money, doing it is half the fun. If I won the lottery I would build a v8 contour. It would cost an ungodly amount of money, but with money being no object its the fact that you did it. The only thing that would be "contour" left would be the interior and body, but still a contour :). He is just trying to think of a situation where you don't worry about money.

You got it! The originality would be like no other. Yes import the Mondeo but have a common interior? I would go for the luxury of the jag and im not talking about having it look dead on contour svt. But pretty damn close with the look of a new car. Once i win the lotto ill do it! lol :laugh:

Once I win the lotto, I'm going to purchase a vastly superior car.

Exactly. Screw a V8 Contour or an AWD Contour. I'm getting a Noble/Rossion. Don't get me wrong, I love the Contour and probably will for years to come, but I'd rather have something that's reliable with that much power, turns heads, and runs low 11s stock.

Back