• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HVAC blower stops working when I hit big bumps...

Damien

CEG'er
My blower for my HVAC stops working when I hit a bump. Then sometimes when I hit a second bump it will start working again. Any ideas of what I can check to be loose? It has gotten to the point where it just does not work. In the Florida sun and heat, that is bad. Thanks for any help or ideas!

next time, just stop hitting the bumps..

:D :D

That fuse seems to get loose much more often than the others... always something with these cars.

Damien, just a heads up -- I had the same problem as you that went away just by looking at the fuse box and reseating everything, but a week later the problem came back. The real cause of my problem was a melted connector to the fuse box (just like SetiRich had in the link posted above by Tony2005).

If your symptoms come back I would recommend you look at the two-wire connector that plugs into the corner of the fuse box. I fixed mine by cutting off the damaged connector and crimping two 1/4" female spade lugs to the wires. The spade lugs fit nice and tight to the male terminals on the fuse box (which I cleaned with a wire brush to ensure a good connection). This avoids having to take apart the fuse box but, like SetiRich said, if the problem comes back at least you know where to look.

Back