• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

02' WRX

allstyle12

CEG'er
I just picked this up for $8900. Yeah, yeah, I know. My wife thinks it's ugly as hell too.

IMG0002600000.jpg

IMG00025.jpg

I personally think the Next gen. is better, but not the new style, I can't stand it. Looks good. Some bronze rims would look very nice on it. My friend powder coated his stocks and they look amazing on his black WRX.

I personally think the Next gen. is better, but not the new style, I can't stand it. Looks good. Some bronze rims would look very nice on it. My friend powder coated his stocks and they look amazing on his black WRX.
Which one? There were two "next gens" (really just facelifts) before the new generation.

My personal favorite is the 03-05.

The car looks nice!

looks like a twin to mine that I've had since September.... :)

Let me know if you want to sell the headlights.

You are sooo gonna love that car in comparison to the Contour. I'll post pics of mine later this week as well.

I love those cars, I've been looking for one around 8k for a long time but they only come up very rarely and sell instantly when they do. I even saw a wrx wagon for 7500 recently but I want the sedan. Do you have some plans for it? How does it drive compared to the svt?

Nice find. I love the 02-03 bug eye style.

I really would like to grab a WRX.
Scott I have 3 on the lot!!! 2 04's and 1 02. The only bad part is they're auto. Perfect for the wife though. :laugh: You know I'd hook you up as best as I could too.

how does it compare to the SVT.... freaking night and day... nothing beats having an AWD Turbocharged car.

I bought my 02 for 8700.00 in September which was a smokin deal... you just need to look and something will come along.

You can pick up a bugeye for about 10 and in some lucky cases under that.. definately worth the money.

only problems you gotta watch out for is 2nd gear as they are known to fail if the car was beat on..

congrats again!!!

Thanks for the nice comments guys. It runs great. It has 110,000 on the clock. 1 owner. I just dropped it off at the dealer to get the differential/Tranny oil changed. (Yeah, I am being lazy) It was definitely adult driven. Clean interior, very minor scratches here and there. I have had always loved AWD vehicles. I had an 91' Eagle Talon that I absolutely loved. I am regaining that lost love again with this WRX. The main reason I bought it was that it is COMPLETLEY STOCK minus the headlights. Do I have plans for it? Oh you bet I do. COBB stage 1 is on the way my friends. Stay tuned....

Very nice ride mate, I do like the sound the flat-four makes, very distinctive :cool: What plans have you got for it (e.g. tuning, styling, etc)?

Here's a couple of piccies of my good friend and fellow MEG member 'KettersUK' 02 Scooby... :)

KettsScoob-01.jpg

KettsScoob-02.jpg

Back