• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my Mondeo ST200 Saloon

...and here's a close-up piccie of one.

DSCN3847-1.jpg

Newb question, the Mondeo 4 lug or 5 lugs since you know they make everything better over across seas! I'm jelous, nice car.

so what did the alloys come off of?
These ones fitted were BNIB last year, and are the 'diamond cut' version. There's a 17'' smoothline RS-7 varient available over here too, but can be equally hard to come by as well...

Last edited:
Newb question, the Mondeo 4 lug or 5 lugs since you know they make everything better over across seas! I'm jelous, nice car.
Lugs? If you mean the holes for the wheel studs, then the Mk1 (1993-96) & Mk2 (1996-00) were the 4-stud type. It became 5-stud with the Mk3 from '00 onwards.

As for knowing that 'they make everything better over across seas', I'm unsure what's meant mate. I don't recall implying this, nor would I want to.

he means you guys get the cool stuff.

great looking car. the interior reminds me of my friends chevy cobalt ss supercharged. they came with the recaro front and perf rears.

not a fan of the refractor headlights tho. still looks great.

Sweet looking ride mate, I love it.
On a side note, I know it's been asked before of other Mondy owners, but where did you get the chrome covers in the engine compartment?

BAT has offered those wheels for years in their catalog. They're called the "7-spoke Soft Effect" wheel .......
http://www.batinc.net/contour.htm
Mate, my ones are the 'diamond cut' RS-7s..., the attached piccie below shows another ST200 Saloon with the softline RS-7 rims, in chrome :) Could they be those 'soft effect' ones?

Attachments

• DSCF0702.jpg
    DSCF0702.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sweet looking ride mate, I love it.
On a side note, I know it's been asked before of other Mondy owners, but where did you get the chrome covers in the engine compartment?
The wheels are sweet, but I most admire how nicely done the engine bay is. Very clean look, nice car! :cool:
Thanks guys...

MEG member 'Wooty' does the chrome bits, for the V6 Duratec, 4 cylinder Zetec too. However they're not really chrome, he does all the bits in mirror polished alloy :)

Last edited:
she's still looking nice andy mate, look forward to seeing you at the mass meet in a couple of weeks

Very nice bit o kit ya got there. I def dig the wheels too. Something different than the same ol' same ol' and being factory bits they look just right. However, I'd LOVE to see a Mondy/CSVT with a set of the Focus MP3 17's on it (it was a UK-only model IIRC).

car_photo_8492_5.jpg

Oh, just found a set of 'em on eBay UK (with better pics):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOCUS-ALLOYS-...oryZ9888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
tbh, I don't recall seeing them fitted to any Mk1 or Mk2 Mondeo over here in the UK mate. More likely to be a stock alloy on the Mk3 Mondy, but would be a bigger rim size and 5-stud tho (like ones the I've got on my Galaxy).

awesome pics as ever andy :)
she's still looking nice andy mate, look forward to seeing you at the mass meet in a couple of weeks
Hi guys, great to see more familiar names from MEG on here. Looking forward to seeing the pair of you at the mass-meet in a couple of weeks :)

Any piccies of the SC'd MK1 & Mk2, and that ZT Mk1 on here ????

i have posted a few of mine on here sometime ago. feeling the urge to pop one in here now lol.

more and more ST200's arriving on here, showing our american cousins who ford prefere :p

Nice Ltd Ed, kinda wish i had waited a bit longer and found a Saloon instead of my Hatch 200

Back