• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How in the hell...?

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
...does the new Skyline GT-R run the quarter mile at 11.7-149 mph w/AWD, 480 hp and weighing in at 3800 lbs:shrug: The E.T. and mph do not add up, sorry:rolleyes: I like how its on the cover of the car mag and it says "Vette Killer", again it shows who's king...ZO6 FTW! Now don't get me wrong, the car looks killer and is surely a blast to drive, but where are they getting these numbers from...GTech Pro:confused:

What is wrong with those numbers? Why don't they add up Roger?

Well, a C6 ZO6/Viper SRT-10 runs the quarter mile in the high 11's at about 125-127 and its got MORE hp, MORE torque and weighs LESS, alot less, like 500-600 lbs less. I'm not doggin' the Skyline at all, trust me the car is smokin' hot, but I think something is wrong with their testing computers:rolleyes: Oh yeah and the price of that car at $80K, well, we'll see about that when it actually comes over here.

hmm only thing i can think of is if they have some new 4wd technology that gives you a 4wd launch then puts the power to the rear :shrug: i dunno.. just a thought.

hmm only thing i can think of is if they have some new 4wd technology that gives you a 4wd launch then puts the power to the rear :shrug: i dunno.. just a thought.

If the car were real light, geared differently and had another 150 hp I could believe the numbers, but they don't make any logical sense:shrug:

With AWD, 149 mph trap speed would put the Skyline into the high 8s/low 9s 1/4 mile time. To me, I bet its around 115-117 mph. FWIW, the Noble M400 runs 11.3-11.4 @ 120-121 mph. I dont see the Skyline trapping in the 120s, especially with AWD.

Its not new, its a progression of the ATTESA E-TS found in earlier skylines. The current system is capable of sending 50 percent of the power to the front wheels on heavy acceleration at low speeds, but will normally not exceed 30% and is biased towards the rear.

Well, a C6 ZO6/Viper SRT-10 runs the quarter mile in the high 11's at about 125-127 and its got MORE hp, MORE torque and weighs LESS, alot less, like 500-600 lbs less. I'm not doggin' the Skyline at all, trust me the car is smokin' hot, but I think something is wrong with their testing computers:rolleyes: Oh yeah and the price of that car at $80K, well, we'll see about that when it actually comes over here.

What the Nissan lacks in power, and weight advantages it makes up for in techno-tomfoolery. Though I agree that 149 is more than likely a typo.

I should mention that the press has driven the current car, but are currently under a contract not to release anything on the GT-R regarding driving impressions, and to that end I would assume their own tests / test equipment. The numbers and specifications they print are given to them by Nissan.

Well said Pud;)

It seems Porsche and Corvette are the targets for everything coming out these days. I thought I read somewhere that the current C5 is going to get the S/C'd LS6 to "send it out with a bang", so that's going to be fun. I also read or saw something on tv where they're (Corvette engineers) adding weight to the rear end of the car so it can hook better:shocked: Its good to be King...

Porsche is an icon and will always raise the bar, Dodge and its production of the Viper since 92' is coming along nicely and the Corvette is always either right in the mix or ahead of its competition overall. Hey Ford, where you at:shrug: "Fraud GT", nice production run, probably should've spent the money on something else besides a "tribute car":troutslap:

roger is just all kinds of effed up in this thread. :laugh:

but yes, that trap speed is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY too high. i thought the same thing when i saw it.

Porsche is an icon and will always raise the bar, Dodge and its production of the Viper since 92' is coming along nicely and the Corvette is always either right in the mix or ahead of its competition overall. Hey Ford, where you at:shrug: "Fraud GT", nice production run, probably should've spent the money on something else besides a "tribute car":troutslap:

Seems to me the Mustang is doing rather well on the tracks and in the showroom, Roger. Pretty much the point of building a capable car, and Ford is doing for half the price.

I do see your point, but Ford seems to have a different strategy going into the new millenium. Frankly, I'd rather see a stripped down version of the mkZ with options for turbo on the D35, AWD, and maaaaaybe manual gear box. Fusion with attitude kinda thing. Perhaps save some cost & do the turbo D35 in a RWD platform - BMW killer Milan version...

roger is just all kinds of effed up in this thread. :laugh:

but yes, that trap speed is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY too high. i thought the same thing when i saw it.

Ya, I was gonna say they haven't made a c5 or one with an ls6 going on 3 years lol.

The data everywere on this car seems iffy. They fact that its faster than the z06 on the ring sounds strange to me. Not that Nissan couldn't do it. But the lightest configured z06 is almost 700lbs lighter and has 70 more horse power. Doesn't add up. Technology can only make you so much faster. That AWD system would be the only deciding factor, if that is the case, it must be one hell of a system.

Ya, I was gonna say they haven't made a c5 or one with an ls6 going on 3 years lol.

The data everywere on this car seems iffy. They fact that its faster than the z06 on the ring sounds strange to me. Not that Nissan couldn't do it. But the lightest configured z06 is almost 700lbs lighter and has 70 more horse power. Doesn't add up. Technology can only make you so much faster. That AWD system would be the only deciding factor, if that is the case, it must be one hell of a system.

Thanks and well said Livin'!

Back