• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:...

wow i havent been on here in wayy too long. im sad to hear about the car glenn it was very nice...
hows the jeep treating ya? get any goodies for it yet?

i love how we treat the loss of a car like it was part of the family. car people are awesome

Jon, how the hell have you been? I've been wondering where you got to.

im good, i finally got all settled in after moving back to NH. i just dont have a lot of time to spend on the comp with work and snowboarding and all. i plan on making a trip down sometime this summer so if theres a meet ill be there. and im still in the market for another tour so well see how that goes.

Tomorrow is the day we tear into the poor thing. Christine, her husband Ken, and Alex will be here to give me a hand now that I finally got my salvage title for the car. :blackeye:

After we strip the car, we'll take pictures of everything and send them to the first person who showed interest in that part.

^ Yep.
I have a running list that I started from the beginning of this thread.
Everyone on the list will be contacted either tomorrow evening or the beginning of the week.
The rest of the items will be listed in the classified section.

If there are any other parts that someone wants/needs, PM me.

man i really hate to see that.
everyday we probably lose more of them.

That picture with your car in the field, is primarily one of the reasons i even got a contour svt. I couldn't find a silver one so i got a black one.
I'm truly sad for you.

Sometimes I wish we could go back in time just to stop ourselves from selling cars when we know the outcome.

I hate to ask in your state of mourning....but how is the sunroof gear? I haven't had mine working since i got the car about 6mths ago.

The sunroof gear is quirky. It doesn't open the sun roof on cold days, you can hear it trying though...but it's fine on warm days.

well I hate to see any car with a great following like the contour have a bad ending like that.

But hey honestly that gear would be fine with me, cause mine will tilt open and that's all. It won't open all the way. What would you want for it?

We will have a definitive list of items tomorrow after we go over the whole car. We just don't want to speculate until we can thoroughly check them out first.

Back