• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$800 Silver SVT- Something with the Clutch

a friend of mine has a sister/brother-in-law like that.
Their electricity was almost shut off, and they had to borrow a ton of money from his parents to pay off some bills.
But the kids all got hundreds of dollars of new school clothes, all brand names.
Her excuse when asked why she didn't get them Walmart stuff to save money "mom, we gotta live ya know" :rolleyes:

It's really freaky how out of control people can get.
I really think it's an illness similar to alcohol or drug dependency sometimes.

Wow -- that woman with $135K in credit card debt must be nuts. I'll take debt-free, thank you very much. :cool:

Wow -- that woman with $135K in credit card debt must be nuts. I'll take debt-free, thank you very much. :cool:

We have some debt. Like our new cabnets, but it is 0% intrest for a year and we will have it almost paid off after Christmas. Use their money to buy stuff. That is really the only way I like to use credit now. Get it and pay it off ASAP before the intrest kicks in. Doing some math on the house. $45K for the house....but if we wait the full 30 years for the loan we will have paid $100K for it. That is with only 5.xx% too. Needless to say, I am not waiting 30 for this to be paid off.

No wonder all the EGL/WGL people are like "you need to get a house as soon as you graduate college" ... at 45K for a house I'd certainly be in one right now too! It's $225K for a halfway decent condo, even here in southern NH. link

Laura, read the Oprah article that blog links to. Husband makes ~65K, wife doesn't work. They have two mortgages (totalling $658K), of which they're not even paying off the interest each month, and have been late on the last few. (If they sold the house now they would still owe $400K even after the sale) No medical insurance despite having six kids. Three new cars. That credit card debt, sadly, is the least of their worries.

No wonder all the EGL/WGL people are like "you need to get a house as soon as you graduate college" ... at 45K for a house I'd certainly be in one right now too! It's $225K for a halfway decent condo, even here in southern NH. link

Laura, read the Oprah article that blog links to. Husband makes ~65K, wife doesn't work. They have two mortgages (totalling $658K), of which they're not even paying off the interest each month, and have been late on the last few. (If they sold the house now they would still owe $400K even after the sale) No medical insurance despite having six kids. Three new cars. That credit card debt, sadly, is the least of their worries.

Hey, don't lump me in with them :crazy: For $225K here you can get a rather nice full time lake house.

Back