• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet in VT 10/13/07

Good thing you can't make it out to Elky's Halloween party, then.
She definitely wouldn't approve.
now why would you say something like that?
there is nothing wrong with nekkid people and costume swapping....

and unfortunately i will not be making this meet..i have a wedding to attend.

I just received my confirmation email from B&J's. We're scheduled for the 11:20 tour and tour takes about 30 minutes. Price for tour is $3/person. We have to have our tickets in hand by 11:05, so we need to leave the Shaw's meeting place by 10:45 to give us time to park and get our tix.

If you need to top off your gas, there is a Mobil gas station just off of the exit. Take a right off exit and Mobil is about .1 mile up the road on the right.

Two quick reminders:

1. Make sure your oil is full (atleast to full mark on dip stick). There aren't any high-speed sweepers, but there are some very sharp right hand turns.

2. Check your tire pressure! It will be cool that day, so plan accordingly.

I've been watching the forecast very closely the past couple of days. It looks like it's going to be nastier than originally forecasted this w/n. We're forecasted to get lots of rain Friday into early Saturday, chance of snow showers Friday nite/Saturday morning, and most likely fog in the mountains (where we will be having our fun).

Is everyone OK w/ dealing w/ this and still getting together? I'm concerned that we won't be able to have as much fun in the mountains as if it were dry. We'll still be able to take the B&J's tour, chit-chat, and go to dinner in Burlington. Inputs welcome.

hmm right now weather.com says the rain is going to end around midnight friday, but thats for waterbury, VT. And its only a 30% chance ...

Maybe change it to Sunday instead?

KDW tires arn't summer only are they?

Mike and I are willing to take our chances and stick out the weather.
We've had rain/fog/etc during fall meets before, and we always seem to make the best of it.

this group always does :cool:

does it maybe become a beater meet? well at least then zorrex wouldn't be the only zetec, but I would still be faster :laugh:

Could be. There better not be snow though, cause the potenza's on the MS6 aren't good in snow.

Dr. Cross, there aren't any dirt roads along the route are there?

Could be. There better not be snow though, cause the potenza's on the MS6 aren't good in snow.

Dr. Cross, there aren't any dirt roads along the route are there?

Summer tires aren't just limited by snow, they really loose traction in the cold (which I've found to be anything < 50 DegF).

The only dirt road is the one I have to travel on to get from my house to the main road:blackeye:

The parking area at B&Js is dirt, but I'm checking to see if there are any paved areas that we can use.

Sunday doesn't look much better: 40% chance of rain/snow on Sat and 30% chance on Sunday.

Last edited:
Summer tires aren't just limited by snow, they really loose traction in the cold (which I've found to be anything < 50 DegF).

very much so. leaving a car show a few weeks ago I had wheel hop at around 5krpm, cold worn summer tires and had been parked on grass after sundown ... I also noticed the lack of grip when coming home from Newport last weekend ...

hmm, maybe I will have to put those E0's I have on the SVT since they have all season ... or just take the Mysique but it needs a valve cover gasket first .... or maybe just take the SeVT with said E0's ... hmmm

hmm, maybe I will have to put those E0's I have on the SVT since they have all season ... or just take the Mysique but it needs a valve cover gasket first .... or maybe just take the SeVT with said E0's ... hmmm

I was wondering which car you're planning on bringing. I really want to see your SeVT, but the new SVT looks sweet too:cool:

I was wondering which car you're planning on bringing. I really want to see your SeVT, but the new SVT looks sweet too:cool:

was planning to take the SVT ... figure the SeVT is for the car shows and that since the SVT rides alittle softer, etc it might be better for this ... and since I haven't taken the SVT to a meet yet I figured I would

Back