• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help with a 3L Setup/Swap!

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
Well if you havent read already! My Car is GONE, engine is knocking lightly but im not gonna waste my time to fix it when I can go towards a 3L. All the money I saved for an HMS Tranny is going to go towards the 3L which will probably lead to the death of my current tranny. so Im going for failure then back to success if you get wut im saying.:shrug:

I want to know who in the area of PA/NY/NJ/CT/MASS has done and knows about the 3L swap. Im not an all out performance type of guy.

Im looking to get a 3L built while retaining the SVT UIM. and obviously pushing around 220 to the wheels!

Thanks for your input, advice, and help: much appreciated cause after the knocking started today I got so sad a tear came down my eye!:cry:
Gosh I love this car so freaking much!

- amyn

Damn! :cry:

PM aircougar, he's in MA. He's done a few 3L swaps.
Check out www.LKQ.com for the parts you need. Reasonable prices too. Greg (aircougar) will probably have some suggestions for you on where to get the parts too.

Good luck with the 3L build. Keep us posted.

I concur with contacting aircougar. He's in WESTERN Mass, I might add, so it's not too far of a hike ;). Not to mention that he can probably swap in a 3L just by looking at it at this point. He's done so many :crazy: haha

I have to read up on the 3.0L to find out what exactly I Want to do! I pmed aircougar as you all suggested and it seems he is knowledgable and does the 3.0L and swaps many times!

I want to retain my UIM for aesthetic reasons(I think it looks hot)! Maybe I will Paint/Powdercoat it!

Obviously I will love to push the 200-230 to the wheels like I hear you get with the 3L swap!

again any suggestions or threads/advice you can refer to will be greatly appreciated.

I cant let go of my dream car people make me keep my contour!

- amyn

what part of jersey do you live in? Esu isn't horribly far from the jersey boarder. I've never done a 3L swap, but I wouldn't mind lending a hand and learning a little bit if I can be there for it!

I've never done the swap either, but would be more then willing to come give a hand. I was around a little bit when Grant (shavedsvt) did his 3L swap. Let me know cause NJ isn't too bad of a hike from Philly.

Ya unfortunetaly I dont have a Garage! If I did I would have tried to do this all myself.

Thanks for the support tho!

I am leaning more towards aircougar on what I am going to be doing and speaking to him about doing the build/swap for me!

- amyn

Ya unfortunetaly I dont have a Garage! If I did I would have tried to do this all myself.

Thanks for the support tho!

I am leaning more towards aircougar on what I am going to be doing and speaking to him about doing the build/swap for me!

- amyn

Attaboy. If you do go through with this, PM me when it's gonna be happening so I can stop by. I always find myself at Greg's pretty often, and I'd love to meet other CEGers :).

Sounds good Ill remember to bring you guys some beers or something! Im muslim so no drinking for me... more for yall, LOL! @ least when it happens.

I should start a help a fellow CEGer rebuild his engine fund?

- amyn

Back