• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Registry

hetfield

or hetfeild
I've been getting a few PMs about the registry still being down, so I figured I'd take a moment to explain what's going on:

I disabled the registry so that I could automate the submission system. As it stands, I get an email with the info you submitted, and I have to go in and manually enter it into a form. This is tedious and time-consuming when you let several requests pile up. I started the coding to automate it, and life kinda took over. Between work, house hunting, and some family-related issues I haven't had the time to sit down and write code. The next couple weeks have more of the same lined up for me, so it may still be a while before I can finish working on it. The good news is that I just finished coding something similar at work, so I should be able to steal my own code to get the registry finished.

I'm hoping that I might have some time this Sunday to work on my own projects instead of other peoples'. I will update when I have more info.

very :cool:
sorry to be one of the pm pests. :eek:
I do appreciate you taking care of the registry!

Don't be afraid to ask for help from your CEG buddies if the coding doesn't work out the way you want it to.

very :cool:
sorry to be one of the pm pests. :eek:
I do appreciate you taking care of the registry!

Don't be afraid to ask for help from your CEG buddies if the coding doesn't work out the way you want it to.

If you need help, let me know so you don't carry the whole burden.

Good luck!
Put some spam prevention in there too. I have a friend who created his own commenting system for his website. He abandoned the site two years ago and a few months later spammers took over ... I showed him the site a while back, it's about 200 pages of spam now.

Be careful with unique constraints too, in case people want to change the values of an existing entry.

Here's something interesting- I knew that I had joined this forum before, and when I was looking at the registry, I found my car and I had used the same username back then, but I can't modify anything or sign in. Is there anyway that you can eventually link that TX00SVT registry page to my new account?

Thanks- Robert

Back