• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Infiniti M45

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Hoping you guys can help with something, my team lead has a '03 Infiniti M45 110K that keeps overheating. T-Stat and radiator flushed. Everytime it does her overflow tank if full to the brim and the radiator dry (no visible leaks). Anything that could be causing, a co-worker and I are thinking possibly a temp sensor?

Hoping you guys can help with something, my team lead has a '03 Infiniti M45 110K that keeps overheating. T-Stat and radiator flushed. Everytime it does her overflow tank if full to the brim and the radiator dry (no visible leaks). Anything that could be causing, a co-worker and I are thinking possibly a temp sensor?
New Thermostat? Could be installed wrongly.

What about broken water pump? Check the hoses after the car is warmed up. Hoses in and out of water pump should be about the same temperature. If not, the water pump is broken.

Plugged radiator? Flushing does not mean that it is not plugged. I used to have a Dodge which would overheat due to a plugged radiator.

New Thermostat? Could be installed wrongly.

What about broken water pump? Check the hoses after the car is warmed up. Hoses in and out of water pump should be about the same temperature. If not, the water pump is broken.

Plugged radiator? Flushing does not mean that it is not plugged. I used to have a Dodge which would overheat due to a plugged radiator.

We thought about the water pump, but I forgot to post earlier that the t-stat was done approx 2wks ago, car ran fine until this morning. Wouldn't the water pump be more like an every drive situation? I should try to get a pic of her engine bay, you can't see crap, let alone reach anything, my god they have more covers installed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back