• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

guess who I am...

sir_break_a_lot

New CEG'er

I found the cable that goes to this sitting around while changing the belt tensioner.. and I'm thinking. hmm.... where's this go?? well I found it. now can someone tell me what the hell it is?? that's the starter on the top left and the oil filter on the right with my mystery guy right in the middle

Looks like a IAT plug... but is that anywhere near your intake? I'm not to familar with the 2.0L...

It's hard to pin point the location on the engine with such a closeup shot. Where is it located? I mean that could be your knock sensor, your oil pressure sensor all of these look similar... well I thought the knock sensors had a green colored plug, but anyway. You get the idea. If I knew where it was on the engine it would give me a better idea what it could be.

that i do believe is the low oil pressure switch for the idiot light. a better picture would help greatly but im pretty sure thats almost the only thing back there.

Back