• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

95 Zetec. Fresh Motor. No Power

JoeM

Veteran CEG'er
Alright guys, check it out.

When you give the car just a little on the throttle it brings the R's up smoothly, and the car accelerates fine, just slow (Obviously... Since im hardling giving it any go power :D)
When you give it more than 1/4 throttle, it starts hesitating and having issues revving up.

Motor is feshly rebuilt.
Trans is original, but prior to swap had absoloutly no issues. Has not been over heated or driven hard.

New Plugs
New wires.
New Hoses
new Coil.
Maf is good... Unplug it while running and it starts stumbling.
Firing Order is correct.
No vacuume lines are disconnected.
Air Filter and fuel filter are also new.

How about in neutral/park? Does it rev ok then if you give it a lot of gas?

How about your engine mounts, how old are those?

how long on the rebuild? Might have to give the computer time enough to work out a tune.. My 96's run like :censored::censored::censored::censored: for the first few days after you reset... Not sure about a 95.

Have you checked your fuel pressure? Sounds like a bad fuel pump or cloged injectors. Get any codes?

How about in neutral/park? Does it rev ok then if you give it a lot of gas?

How about your engine mounts, how old are those?

Neutral/Park same thing. Bring it up slowly and little or no pressure on the pedal it rev's fine. Get on the gas, even in Neutral/Park and it hesitates/runs like crap.

Engine/Trans mounts are good. These would cause some vibration, not a lack of power.

Have you checked your fuel pressure? Sounds like a bad fuel pump or cloged injectors. Get any codes?

I thought maybe fuel issues, i plan on telling the guy who bought the car to swap out the fuel rail/injectors. I gave him the original and told him to swap it. The Old motor had No issue such as this. Fuel pump/filter was fine.

I'd agree on the fuel then. Test, or have tested, the pressure at various points along the fuel system.

Back