• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front license plate bracket removal question

SVTcontourSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
What have you guys used to fill the holes left by the front license backet once you've taken it off? I have seen the little circular covers that people pop in there but, am not sure where to get them or what other options I have. Thanks for any help

Stu

Good question, I've seen painted "buttons" too and I also want to go this and route would like to know where people get them.
And what is the SF rattle can color # if anyone knows?
-J

or you can just use the plastic rivets you can find at and auto parts store and paint them. look under your car (svt) at your splash shield. you will see 2 access panels with 4 plastic rivets. thats what I'm talking about. you would pay much less.

Last edited:
Ended up going to autozone and picked up the plastic rivets and painted them with a few layers of black and clearcoat. I liked the way they turned out. Poor picture quality but you get the point.

103.jpg

102.jpg

104.jpg

Honestly I just looked around for the closest fitting rivet I could find. They ended up coming from an assortment pack. Only 1.79 for a pack so I ended up buying a few to see what fit best.

Last edited:
Back