• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I bit the bullet...

KerryKool

Hard-core CEG'er
...and bought my engine wiring harness. Total cost was ~$140 at Teamfordparts.com, a good deal if you ask me. I was oringinally quoted $200 for it and $800 to install. :shocked:

I'm going to hook it up hopefully before next weekend and have the car run like normal again. Then I can get exhaust and rims when I get the money.:cool:

Does anyone have interest in the install? I can take pics of the progress maybe even make a how-to, if theres enough interest.

Last edited:
Hey west, I know you are doing this "upgrade," is there anything I should know? I'll be putting it in myself and I got the instructions(TSB thingy) handy, is there something else I might need i.e tools, parts to keep on old WH.

I'll be taking pics of the progress and try to form it into a how-to. Maybe the first possible sticky in the Zetec maintenance.

Last edited:
Kerry, I'm gonna have to do the same thing for mine. I think we would all be very interested in anything you want to post about the job.

Which wiring harness did you get? I could find a part number for the 95 Zetec without ABS, but the part number for the car with ABS didn't yield any hits.

If anyone else has any info, I'm all eyes/ears. Is the engine control harness the same for both ABS and non ABS, and they just require an additional harness in the kit for ABS?

Hey west, I know you are doing this "upgrade," is there anything I should know?

The engine control hardness is for Technical level "BrainDead". No, really , it's that easy....as for the fan control and overlay, I am waiting to move my battery into the trunk and pipe the CAI out the fender.

This page is of great value- thank you who ever posted it!!!

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/recall/99M03/Recall-ONP 99M03_files/r99m03r.htm

And to hopalong
F5RZ-14K289-S4TB 95 2.0L Manual or Auto With ABS

Thanks for the number. Teamford doesn't list it, and I've emailed Bill J. Just waiting for a response.

I was wondering what the difference is. The tech bulletin mentions 2 harnesses for the non ABS and 3 for the ABS.

If the engine management harness is the same for both, I'd start with that and go from there.

I might have to bite a bullet myself and go down to the local stealership and have them run parts numbers for me. I can do the work myself, and even rebuild the harness if it comes to that, but we all know it's MUCH easer just to swap them out.

It came today all clean and pretty. I'll start on it friday and hopefully finish it by sunday. I'll take as many useful pictures I can take and I'll forge a how-to w/ them.

Back