• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new axle..?

im with shaggs on that one. my car modding is on hold becuase of college. all that matters now is chicks, boos, and laundry. oh and oh course school

well since my schools mostly dudes. boos takes number on on thursday,friday and saturday night. then what small amount of chicks i might see or actually converse with

Any update Andrew?

well I just ordered 2 new tires from tirerack. they should get here Wednesday, so we're gonna put them on and get them balanced, and hopefully that'll take care of it.

I got a nice surprise on Saturday morning, a ticket on my windshield for an expired inspection sticker.. ggrrr. It expired August 31st, and I got the bloody ticket on the 1st of September! it was like they were just waiting for august to end, so they could give me a ticket :( A-holes

Well, got the two tires today, mounted and balanced.. shaking is still there. whats next to check out? axel and CV joint? If it helps, the shaking starts around 55mph, and as I accelerate up to 65 i'll keep shaking, and ease off around at around 70. But if i'm between 55-65mph, and I left off the gas, shaking stops.

I'd imagine if it were the axel, it would be shaking the whole time, right?

I got a nice surprise on Saturday morning, a ticket on my windshield for an expired inspection sticker.. ggrrr. It expired August 31st, and I got the bloody ticket on the 1st of September! it was like they were just waiting for august to end, so they could give me a ticket :( A-holes

I would guess that your town has an ordinance that doesn't permit expired (inspection/expired registration) vehicles to be parked on the street?

Just doing their job. :shrug:

Plead not guilty, get the car fixed and inspected and show proof of that. It should be dismissed. Also, show the repair record for proof.

I would guess that your town has an ordinance that doesn't permit expired (inspection/expired registration) vehicles to be parked on the street?

Just doing their job. :shrug:

Plead not guilty, get the car fixed and inspected and show proof of that. It should be dismissed. Also, show the repair record for proof.

Well it was only a $15 ticket, so i just paid it, and am parking at home till I get it inspected.

That's a good idea, park it at home until it's legal.

:)

its the entire car more or less. I look over at the passenger seat and it's very visibly shaking.

So yes, it shakes at the wheel, the dash, the passenger seat, the side door panels.. ect.

That bad? Maybe check your lower control arms for severely worn ball joints...has the car ever been aligned? If you're sure the axle checks out, I would thoroughly check each corner of your suspension for any worn or broken items...

Back