• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Biggest regret

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
What's you biggest Contique regret? I know we all have a few of them or maybe its just me. Mine is not putting a 3L in when my 2.5L engine blew just 20 minutes after buying it (i didn't know enough about the swap then) and painting my brake calipers red when i really wanted them to be Ford blue (damn peer pressure)

Putting to much time and money in my Mystique when it was giving nothing back. Put more into repairs then I did purchasing the car in the 2 years I owned it. Purchased for 4k spent 6k in repairs, sold it for 2300.

Mine is buying $ and maintaining/modding $ both the mysti LS and tour SE , when I could have bought $ a low mileage $ CSVT $ to beat on instead...

$

Mine is buying $ and maintaining/modding $ both the mysti LS and tour SE , when I could have bought $ a low mileage $ CSVT $ to beat on instead...

$
my biggest regret is not having more stuff to sell you for both cars lol j/k

I wouldn't call it a mistake because the SE has been a real trooper for me considering what I put it through in the 4+ years that I've owned it (almost totalled it with suspension damage from hitting a curb at 45mph showing off to an ex g/f's cousin :blackeye: ) I wish I woulda bought a tour sport instead of the SE Zetec, but that car has been super dependable! :cool: I couldn't afford the insurance on an SVT when I bought my SE right after I graduated HS.

Absolutely loved my CSVT through almost 8yrs of ownership!

Bosal exhaust - too damn loud, looked great
Bassani exhaust - too much drone, sounded great most of the time

In hindsight I think I should have sold the car at the 5.5yr mark. While it would not have been the most fiscally responsible decision I now realize how good newer cars are. If I would have sold it 2yrs sooner I would have probably ended up in a Mazda 6S 5dr.

Pretty glad I waited as I love my current ride!

Jeff, your car is FAST! I've seen what it can do. I cried a little bit that night on woodward.

Thanks man. I am really going to miss crusing with you in our cars. I am very very impressed with what your car can do as well! That thing is quick for sure, and your exhaust sounds better than mine! :(

Back