• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED tail light bulbs

steelblueSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok, I ordered some LED tail light bulbs from superbrightleds.com. The ones I got were size 3157 with 21 LEDs in red. The company reccommends that red bulbs go behind red lenses. I just installed the new bulbs. They work fine when I put the headlights on. The front and the rear turn signals blink way faster than the filament bulbs. The company also said that if the bulbs dont work at all or if they blink fast then you should install a load resistor. Other than fast turn signals everything seems to be fine, but should I get the resistors anyway? Will leaving the resistors off affect the overall life of the bulbs?

lol did you read on their website that you need those special capacitors for each bulb so that they wont blink this fast????

Yea I read all of that but I was just wondering buy not using them if it will affect anything in the long run.

it will, it will look horrible! It will seem as if your bulbs are going and will defeat the purpose of LED's.

get the capacitor..

I definitely will get them because only the 3rd brake light on the wing lights up when I put my foot on the brake. It was hard to tell during the day.

Back