• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Philips 5000K (85122CM)

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Well never thought id compromise output for looks, but I did. My G35 came stock with 4300K (85122+) and let me rephrase this, 85122+ is NOT 5000K as many vendors make it out to seem. It is simply a better version of 4300K that doesn't colorshift and gives out the brightest output among any other HID bulbs. I didnt like the stock bulbs I had because the projector on my car gave out hues of yellowness in the output and it just didnt seem like i had HIDs. However I know regular 4300K 85122 eventually colorshifts and then its gets crisper, but then again with that u lose output. So I bought these Philips bulbs that are 5000K (85122CM) CM meaning Color Match thinking these will some what remedy the looks without compromising too much output. Well, it did, the looks are great and i get the crisp white output with no hues of yellowness at all. Very happy with the bulbs and highly recommend them to others with projectors. I dont have pictures because as usual, HID pics never do justice, but heres what the bulb looks like.

DSC03302.jpg

1-50.jpg

you should get a pic of the two different bulbs in the car lit up.

heres the best I could do..The fist pic was taken with an SLR camera (its a clear photo), the 5000K pics were taken with a regular old sony dig. camera so thats why its grainy.

the stock setup Philips D2S 4300K (85122+)

1-51.jpg

the new setup Philips D2S 5000K (85122CM)

DSC03304.jpg

DSC03305.jpg

DSC03306.jpg

If pics dont do HIDs justice I can only imagine the difference in person. I was hoping to see some pics of the rims too. Maybe a pic facing the headlights we could see both, the HIDs and rims:cool:

But I am amazed at how different the two look.

damn! nice difference! btw your car needs blue leds in the cluster BAD! i hate orange!

naw, im happy with it, my interior is just fine

ill take some pics tomorrow maybe with some light with the rims and lights with a better camera..

damn! nice difference! btw your car needs blue leds in the cluster BAD! i hate orange!

I love orange. :drool: :drool: My Lexus has a dark orange too. I'd say it's my favorite right after red.

Haroon, those look awesome. Definitely a nice upgrade.

My stock HIDs seem be a lot bluer than I would expect for stock. They don't seem to be 4300k. Maybe it's the contrast of the yellow fogs against it. :shrug:

I love orange. :drool: :drool: My Lexus has a dark orange too. I'd say it's my favorite right after red.

Haroon, those look awesome. Definitely a nice upgrade.

My stock HIDs seem be a lot bluer than I would expect for stock. They don't seem to be 4300k. Maybe it's the contrast of the yellow fogs against it. :shrug:

yea dude your bulbs have colorshifted to the max. Lexus' tend to that. If its really bad, then you should get the regular 4300K's, they arent that expensive.

Back