• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay Headlight

2000SE

Veteran CEG'er
After my fender bender I now have one brand new headlight and one which is sanded, but still foggy. I'm looking to get a new driver's side headlight so that they are both new. I was looking online and stumbled across these headlights on ebay, and was wondering what make they are. (TYC, Depot, OEM, etc.) Basically, I don't want to spend 70 dollars for a headlight that will fit funky or not at all.

Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...hash=item140209156397&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Thanks,

Paul

am-autosports sells eagle eyes brand replacement head lights. They are identical to OEM for fitment. They are good quality and come with bulbs iirc.

The only down side is that some say it can be a pita to high tower.

I got mine from am autoparts. Very clean, and yes they do come with bulbs. As far as the hightower goes, if you are planning on that, I used the OEM housing and the am autoparts headlight cover. Shipping was great. The am autoparts housing feels very light and is plastic. They are held together by a grey sealant. I have pics if you want them.

I got mine from am autoparts. Very clean, and yes they do come with bulbs. As far as the hightower goes, if you are planning on that, I used the OEM housing and the am autoparts headlight cover. Shipping was great. The am autoparts housing feels very light and is plastic. They are held together by a grey sealant. I have pics if you want them.

Right now I'm only trying to get the headlights to match and maybe do a hightower down the road. I wouldn't mind seeing those pictures though.

Nope, sorry about that. I wanted a quick answer and didn't bother to search.

That's exactly the attitude that will drive people away from answering your question. I was going to say my part, but after reading this, you can find it yourself.

That's exactly the attitude that will drive people away from answering your question. I was going to say my part, but after reading this, you can find it yourself.

Okay, glad to see the mods are so pleasant.

if you wanted a quick answer, i found 3 threads in less than 20 seconds by searching. it seems like theres a new thread about ebay headlights every week

I searched after the thread was started and none of the ebay headlight threads had the necessary information because all of the links were dead or the sale was unable to be found. All i wanted to know was the fitment of that specific headlight which could be bought from that specific company. None of the other threads gave me that information.

Yeah, those are the ones that I have. They fit fine and the brackets felt a lot more solid than the OEMs did. They do come with all of the bulbs in them too. I haven't tried to hightower them at all. I was very satisfied with mine considering I got 2 for $100 with everything included when others wanted $100 a piece.

100_1192.jpg

Yeah, those are the ones that I have. They fit fine and the brackets felt a lot more solid than the OEMs did. They do come with all of the bulbs in them too. I haven't tried to hightower them at all. I was very satisfied with mine considering I got 2 for $100 with everything included when others wanted $100 a piece.

100_1192.jpg

Cool, they look just as good as oem to me.

Back