• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Go out and take some pictures! (CEG 2008 Calendar Reminder)

AFAIK, the only thing involving those two things were that the pictures had to be of CURRENT MEMBERS, and of their CURRENT VEHICLE. no prior members submitted via proxy, and no prior vehicles.

as far as other photographers. there was never a discussion about that one.

aiy yaiy yaiy

aiy yaiy yaiy

wow, this is a crazy thread. Here is what I think....

HDR - sure
Photoshop blemishes - sure
Pics of current members only - sure
Pics of your car taken by others - sure
Group shots for cover - sure
Past years winners - no

As you can see, they are all pictures of cars, that all need an original "great" shot. There are going to be a a$$ load of awesome non-HDR shots submitted just like every year. Take the pics and submit a hdr/non-hdr, blemish chopped/ and blemshed, etc - if the judges all agree that it would just be better to put the "better" looking pic in the calender, so be it.

Take pics, have fun, and if you have the sofware to try something new - do it! - JOE

same LOCATION? sure.. go ahead.. but people are going to do one of two things:

a: assume its from the same series as the last years entry, and thus it will get tossed out.

or b: get bored of the same location, position, and style in each years entries and stop voting for your picture.

It would behoove you to NOT go to the same location each time, but hey.. to each his own. You can't have, as stated above, and entry from the same SERIES as last years entries or winners. If you shot thirty shots and submitted your top three last year, don't go and submit numbers 4, 5, and 6 this year! You're shooting YOURSELF in the foot (degraded quality pictures) and you are shooting the CALENDAR in the foot, too.

By the way, group shots are not just limited to the cover. I would love to see some more group shots in the calendar. It still has to be a calendar quality picture though

What if i owned my car at the beginning of the year, took pictures and then sold the car a couple months later.

It still was my car when i took the picture and just because i dont own it now makes it not calender worthy?

I think the calender should be of the BEST pictures regardless if the cars are owned by the person who took the picture.

Like puddles said, i would rather have a calender with 13 good pictures than a calender with 3 or 4 good pictures and the rest fillers.

the question isn't of whether or not YOU took the pictures.. it is of whether or not YOU own the car anymore.

Someone can take it FOR you... sure, I would think so.. this isn't a calendar about who is the best PHOTOGRAPHER.. its a calendar of the best OWNER'S CARS!

Since you do not own the car at this time, you would not be able to submit it, even if you took the pictures yourself (which is a non-issue, really)

ya i think you definately still have to own your car to submit photos, it seems only right...like ray said it shouldnt matter who took the pic as long as you are an active member and still own the car, i think thats always been the rule anyways

2545349_42_full.jpg

is something like this good enough as far as picture quality?

here is a link to the last year's winners.. I will allow you to make the determination for quality yourself.

Also, find the pics&vids thread with the "submissions" for the 07 calendar for those who submitted an entry.

on a side note.....all photos that can be considered for the calendar must be taken horizontally...not vertically.....correct?

if you "created" a collage, it wouldn't be an original picture.. it would be photoshopped in a maner other than brightness/contrast.

I think it would be a nice look, but it wouldn't be with the spirit of the contest.

if you "created" a collage, it wouldn't be an original picture.. it would be photoshopped in a maner other than brightness/contrast.

I think it would be a nice look, but it wouldn't be with the spirit of the contest.

i think he means something like brapples pics from the '06 calender...where it was just three different pictures that made up one big picture

ahh.. transposed pictures... completely untouched pictures, just more than one.

gotcha.. yeah

Back