• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

headlight bulbs

loc0gring0

Veteran CEG'er
what is the difference with the 9006 and 9005 besides watts i know the 9006 is 55w(driving lights) and the 9005 65w(high beems). the reason i ask is in one of my csvt is have 9005 in both sockets and there bright has hell. i just put them in my daily driver just want to know if its bad or not? :shrug:

lots of people run highs in the low beam sockets
no worries it will work fine:cool:

lots of people run highs in the low beam sockets
no worries it will work fine:cool:

Until you blind the car in the opposite direction and have a head on collision... :help: Or, you blind me and I turn around and beat the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of your car. :mad: I CAN NOT stand people driving around cities with their brights on. Sure, the street lights make it so it's not as bad to the other drivers as if it were in the country, but they are there so you DO NOT have any excuse to drive with your brights on. :mad: And then when you follow behind me with brights, and it shines in our piss-poor non-dimming side mirrors, you get the same effect.:nonono:

you would have a bad evening when you got out to beat my car up:rolleyes:

try some anger management. that type of attitude will only get you in trouble

Last edited:
Some courtesy for the other drivers on the road would be nice too though. Wasn't meaning you in particular bagged, just saying that this really annoys me when I see it.

Last edited:
Then there wouldn't be any problem. There are a lot of clueless people out there that run with their brights on and it is just irritating to me.

To the OP- now that I've successfully hacked up your thread, here is what I have to say-

I don't think that the different bulbs would cause any damage to your housing or anything, but you should really get together with a buddy and make sure that the lights aren't dangerous for the opposing traffic. If they are too bright, do the right thing and go down to Walmart and pay $20 for some 9006 bulbs with the tips blacked out like they should be.

Last edited:
[ And then when you follow behind me with brights, and it shines in our piss-poor non-dimming side mirrors, you get the same effect.:nonono:[/quote]
install an auto dimming mirror, they are the best thing ever invented!!! it will decrease your blood pressure too!

i can see the whole driving with your highs on but your high beems i think point higher up(further out) then normal driving lights there for pissing people off.. i think the bright driving lights are low enough to not blind as much if there propperly adj.

i can see the whole driving with your highs on but your high beems i think point higher up(further out) then normal driving lights there for pissing people off.. i think the bright driving lights are low enough to not blind as much if there propperly adj.

Yeah I agree. As long as the headlights are pointing down where they are supposed to it really won't matter. I'm thinking about putting high beam bulbs in my low beam sockets after I clean up my headlights.

Highs in the lows are not the same as when they are run in the high beam spot. They have a cover at the end to control the light and not just send it all over.

You will not blind anyone by running highs in the lows. You get some extra wattage, that's all.

[ And then when you follow behind me with brights, and it shines in our piss-poor non-dimming side mirrors, you get the same effect.:nonono:
install an auto dimming mirror, they are the best thing ever invented!!! it will decrease your blood pressure too![/QUOTE]

Re-read the OP. Think. Then realize what you wrote. Still don't get it? Side mirrors ≠ rear view mirror.

install an auto dimming mirror, they are the best thing ever invented!!! it will decrease your blood pressure too!

Re-read the OP. Think. Then realize what you wrote. Still don't get it? Side mirrors ≠ rear view mirror.[/quote]

THANK YOU! Exactly what I was going to say, but I didn't know if there actually were auto dimming side views for contours. I already have an auto dimming rearview.

Back