• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First time...

RespectTheContour

Hard-core CEG'er
ive had the SVT on a flatbed...had to get it towed from my house to my parents house since they have a garage and all my tools to switch out the alternator...

real fun job too by the way

Damn alternator!! I had three of those bastids installed!! Probably the most expensive repair I had to do to the car!

Yeah what kind of retarded ford engineer decided to put it on the bottom the of damn engine!!!!
Prob the one that thought up the hourly rate for labor on service!:blackeye: Congrats on conquering the Alt they suck lol

Yeah what kind of retarded ford engineer decided to put it on the bottom the of damn engine!!!!

that part i didnt mind so much, but face the bolts towards the damn wheel not the motor...i went out and bought 6 additional extensions and 2 swivels on top of the ones i already had, haha

oooo shineyyyyyy :)

Although I have to say Zetec timing belt > Alternator.

Zetec alternator on the other hand... Never had to tackle one, but it looks equally as ****ty to do.

i do have a new bumper, but its currently awaiting paint in my parents garage...i work A LOT during the summer so its been hard finding time to bring it anywhere, yes thats a sad sad excuse and im embarrassed :(
Not a bad excuse. I'm finding myself too busy to get things done these days too. Gotta wonder how that thing flaps about on the highway though, the black bumper might be safer regardless of looks.

Not a bad excuse. I'm finding myself too busy to get things done these days too. Gotta wonder how that thing flaps about on the highway though, the black bumper might be safer regardless of looks.

oh its completely secure, i assure you of that, no flappage at all, got broken off right at the corner so no bumper dingleberries, haha, it will be painted this month for sure though

According to TH, the Contour was designed to have its engine worked on with the entire subframe dropped. Why they thought this was a good idea will forever remain a mystery... especially once you've spun the front subframe nuts. Ick.

Feel for you m8 ive just done this on my V6 aswell took me an hour and a half and i had the pleasure of not having the tierods or suspesion in the way LOL.

Back