• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Domed emblem/ centercap Overlays

Status
Not open for further replies.
i might be in for a SVT logo in green and silver on top of my B&M, it would not be as hot in the heat!!!

That's an excellent idea as long as the adhesive doesn't let the overlay move when it's super hot. I have to put a towel on mine sometimes when I first get into the car. Also, how well will it mount on a round surface?

That's an excellent idea as long as the adhesive doesn't let the overlay move when it's super hot. I have to put a towel on mine sometimes when I first get into the car. Also, how well will it mount on a round surface?

i thought the same thing too...i dont think it would mount too well on a round surface...i have a B&M nob and its flat on the top...

I got the kit and let me tell you, it kicks ass! What a difference it makes when something is domed.
The rest of the week i'll be testing various uses of the kit, and next week i'll start taking orders.
Turn around will be about a week, because it takes a day or two to fully cure before it can be safely shipped.
I'll have the final pricing up this week as well along with pictures.

Looks like the minimum will be $10.
Emblem overlays will be $25/front & rear, or $15 each
Centercaps will start at $35/set of 4
Fender badges will be $20/set of 2
All prices include shipping
PM me for anything else, as i am sure i'll be able to make it. Including the b&m overlay.

I'll have pictures up by friday, and will start taking orders monday.

Hey Tom, It would be perfect for your rims. Its exactly the same as my other overlays just with a clear resin dome applied over it. So it would be a peel and stick and very weatherproof. Actually it protects the vinyl from UV light, so the vinyl should never crack or fade. And the resin as a 10 year outdoor guarantee from yellowing or cracking as well.

I believe Mike has answered my question about the heat earlier, I just didn't remember it. If it's weatherproof, it should be OK on the shift knob. (Thought I'd better clear that up.)

Thanks Tom. You are right, there should be no problem with the heat.

As far as pictures go, tomorrow, i promise! I ended up having to work yesturday and today.
I have done some test fits though, and they go on very nice and fit perfectly!

can you make a small domed sticker to go on a momo shift knob. They all come with a domed sticker that says momo, but I would like one that said SVT. What guarantee is there that these will stay sticky. I have already had two of them fall off my shift knob.

I can do it, i just need dimensions.
As long as the surface is cleaned properly with alcohol there should be no problems with it falling off.

Alright, some pics just to hold you all over. They are crappy pics from a crappy camera. I will have the pics of them installed tomorrow morning in a new thread.
They aren't cured yet so i couldnt move them to better light for better pics.
100_3496.jpg

100_3500.jpg

100_3497.jpg

100_3501.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back