• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trunk remote problem

jaxson10

New CEG'er
I cannot get my trunk to open via my remote. all three of the other remote buttons work but not the trunk button. When I get in the car and hit the trunk remote button the light underneath the glove box comes on and I can hear a click pause and then another click. If someone can shed some light on what my be the problem I would appreiciate it.

Put your ear by the trunk and push the button. If you don't hear anything.. your actuator is probably bad like he said ^

If you do hear something at least trying to do work.. you might have to lube the mechanism. Mine would stick when it got semi cold outside and I rubber some grease and it works no problem now ;)

mine does the same thing, although it unlocks the trunk, but there is no spring to 'pop' it open so it stays closed.
i think the 2nd noise is it going back to locked mode. try pulling up on the trunk while hitting the button. thats what i do anyway.. although that doesnt Always work, sometimes i still must resort to the key

The click, pause, click sounds like your actuator is working. The trunk may just not be "popping" due to a broken spring or is stuck for some other reason so when it clicks again it's re-clasping the trunklid. Like Snipey said, try opening the trunk right after you push the button before it clicks the second time and see if it's hard to open and if the spring is there.

does anyone have a picture of the trunk actuator? is it the part connect by two wires next to the trunk mechanism or is it the mechanism itself.

Back