• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Next Florida Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTFLEA

CEG'er
OK, Kerry, gonna give you a bit of help here...We know the next Florida meet is going to be in the St. Pete area, we know its going to be in October...now we just need to see what dates work for everyone so we, (kerry, LOL) can start planning. I know the weekend of the 20th wont work for us, but the rest is open. Lets hear some feedback! We would like to try to get a hotel on the beach, but the longer we wait the harder it will be because of season starting.

it is near central florida, as far as the meet goes, it would have to be towards the 27th of october, my honeymoon is the first two weeks of october!

I haven't checked here in awhile, sorry about that.

Finding a hotel in the St. Pete area won't be too hard, but find one that is a decent price will be, especially one that is near the beach.

The weekend of the Oct 27th should be good as long as nobody objects.

When I got back from the last meet I looked for parks in St. Pete, but they're few and far between. Some have picnic areas, some don't. Once a Park is choosen, I'll look for the hotel, local entertainment, etc.

I'm open to suggestions if you think of a park you've been to before. Its one thing to see it online then to see it in real life.

Edit: Goggle Earth helps out a lot!

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post to any mods.

Is there any particular areas you guys want to be near? There's plenty of parks to choose from, just have to find the ones elgible.

I'm going to have to call them(Ft. DeSoto Park) about special events. And it looks like we may not park our cars inside the park.

I'll give them a call soon for more details and post it here.

Also, Oct 27th is the offical date? Everyone is available that weekend? When I call them I want to be sure of the date.

What makes you say we can't park our cars there? It is a park. They have parking spots.

If you inquire about a pavilion is is IMPERATIVE that you get one on the SKYWAY side !!!

I read somewhere on that site about parking across the street. But then again I was looking at the camping section so I may be wrong.

I make sure we get one on the skyway side.

it is near central florida, as far as the meet goes, it would have to be towards the 27th of october, my honeymoon is the first two weeks of october!
I am getting married on the 12th of October, and will be back from our honeymoon (in Italy) on the 24th. The 27th will work for me, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back