• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Show and Shine locations?

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
I have been turned down at 2 Ford dealers for Show and Shine. One dealer I won't mention the name pretty much said, Why would we wanna do that? A car that is no longer made?

The other one said they don't have the room for it.

So as of right now I am waiting on a local Mall to get back with me. Other wise another option is in the hotel parking lot as it is HUGE!!!!!! Or I will explore other options.

Just wanted to pass that along...

You talked to stoobie?

I like the idea of having the show and shine at the parking lot myself, less driving... more drinking. Holy crap... if the show and shines at the hotel we can start at noon!

Who's gonna help pay for a keg this year.... Stoobie promises not to bring that dark beer again :laugh:

What about at the Henry Ford Museum?
too far?

thats right at the end of bagged's street basically. i've been there many times. im sure they wouldnt mind at all. theres so much parking and it will only be publicity for them. the only thing is, the museum is so cool, i would hate to go there and not go in. they've got things like the JFK limo he was shot in, the rosa parks bus, the chair lincoln was shot in, thomas edisons last breath in a bottle, etc. i highly recommend it to anyone thats never gone.

thats right at the end of bagged's street basically. i've been there many times. im sure they wouldnt mind at all. theres so much parking and it will only be publicity for them. the only thing is, the museum is so cool, i would hate to go there and not go in. they've got things like the JFK limo he was shot in, the rosa parks bus, the chair lincoln was shot in, thomas edisons last breath in a bottle, etc. i highly recommend it to anyone thats never gone.

Well that's my point. It gives people something else to do once they're done voting and stuff. It's also good for people's significant others that tend to get bored easily.
A lot of our show and shines have had alternate activities. Lane Automotive gave us tours and also had a store to buy parts/accessories. The Harley Dealership had events going on and also the store for buying cool gear. etc etc
I'm sure we could work a deal with HFM to get discounted tickets or group tours or something.

NECO had their show and shine at the Ford Museum one year for Cougarfest.
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The HFM would be cool, of a factory tour, we tried that in 04 but it was sold out already so we saw the Nascar Imax iirc ...

i wouldn't mind hitting up the museum again since we didn't actually go through it the last time.

the museum would be pretty cool, haven't been there in years :crazy:.

why dont you check out the huge parking lot right next to the hotel or the hotel itself. theres so much room around there

Ya, but the whole even should be out that way anyhow. Like 04, banquet,S&S, and karting all in the same place in one day. Plus the road course is just down the road . As well as Dave and Busters. :cool:

Would be nice to have the S&S with the banquet though. Or with something else. The S&S is kinda of a snooze fest

Last edited:
The first thing to comes to mind is the Roush factory, off Plymouth Rd.

Not sure how they would like it considering none of them are Roush cars :laugh:

But eh its worth a shot. It's literally down the street from the hotel.

Seriously.... Hotel parking lot.

Like Livinsvt said, Show and shine is a snooze fest. Walk around see everyones :censored::censored::censored::censored: (that ya already saw thur. fri.) in 15.. maybe 30 minutes and then what? sit around and shoot the :censored::censored::censored::censored:. I personally would rather look at some cars, crack a beer and fire up the grill.

Automotive Hall of Fame... they tend to do this alot for car clubs and they often bring in food and local radio stations. Its right next to The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village which is nice for some of the out of towners who have never been to any of those locations.
-Mark

Last edited:
Seriously.... Hotel parking lot.

Like Livinsvt said, Show and shine is a snooze fest. Walk around see everyones :censored::censored::censored::censored: (that ya already saw thur. fri.) in 15.. maybe 30 minutes and then what? sit around and shoot the :censored::censored::censored::censored:. I personally would rather look at some cars, crack a beer and fire up the grill.

So if you have it at the hotel parking lot, what makes it any less of a snoozefest than having it at a location that has something else to look at besides our cars?
Enough time is already spent at the hotel parking lot all weekend, so why have the show and shine there too?

I like that Roush suggestion and Mark's suggestion as well.

I'd really love to avoid having the show and shine in the hotel parking lot or in some random mall parking lot.

Back