• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got a problem

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
i was driving home on sunday and i went to shift from 4th to 5th and i felt a really big pop in the shifter and it didnt go into 5th gear. so, now i dont have 1st, 2nd, 5th, and reverse. all i have are 3rd and 4th gears. i tried to get it into reverse and it moves forward. anyone have this happen or a similar problem?? my dad and i do not know what the problem is or what. please share all info if you have any.

thanks.
-mike

sounds like either your cable/linkage is busted, or your transmission is. Hopefully the former.

sounds like your shifter cables are gonzo, mine did the same thing over the winter...not a fun job to do, i attempted it then sent it to the shop and let them handle it, cables are like $85 through teamford

so i took the car into the shop. they looked at it and said the cables were all trashed and whatnot. so they replaces all the cables and the end clamps.(white and black). so i get the car tonight...hopefully it'll run good.

Back