• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

burned plug on blower switch

jdfet

CEG'er
My blower wasnt working right (one speed didnt work) and finally it stopped. Thanks to you guys, I was able to simply buy a $10.99 blower switch and throw it in in about 15 minutes.
However, I noticed that when I pulled the plug from the back of the old switch, one of the terminals on it was black and partially melted. Does this mean that the plug/wire harness needs to be replaced?
With the new switch in place, I have all of the speeds back. If I need to replace the wire harness, is this difficult? Should I bother if it is working fine now?
Thanks again!

Leave it alone. The older switch was a problem and there was an extended warranty on it. I doubt yours was covered due to the mileage or year. As you have a new switch, it should be fine now (at least for another 100K miles or so).

tony is right no problem plugin it back in and getting all your setting for the blower back

Cool! I did check to see if there were any 'open' recalls on it, but there were not.
I will live it!!
Thanks again guys!

By the way, its 96 and only has 86k on it. Its been a great car. Especially since I was told to run from it instead of buying it. I got it with 10k on it back in 2002.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back