• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not the PCM

Bronson

New CEG'er
I just got done putting a PCM in the other Contour from the junk yard, still the same problems as before, it turns over it just won't start, no check engine light and no fuel pump.... Should I check the mega fuse?

I just got done putting a PCM in the other Contour from the junk yard, still the same problems as before, it turns over it just won't start, no check engine light and no fuel pump.... Should I check the mega fuse?
did you check the fuel cutoff switch in the drivers footwell? also check the fuse and relay. if you have a multimeter turn the ignition to "run" and check to make sure you have voltage and ground at the pump.

no check engine light? does it light up when you turn the key to the run position? if not check your grounds for the PCM.

I replaced the fuel pump relay already and the fuses are fine, I'm gonna go check the grounds and the fuel cut off thanks for the reply

Checked the ground to the PCM it's fine, when I took the fuel cut off switch off the button popped out. My dad thinks that it's the fuel pump, but that still doesn't explain no check engine light when you turn the key on to prime the fuel lines, and the fuel pump does not buzz, this car is driving me nuts.. Should I check the mega fuse? By the way I replaced the fuel pump relay and the PCM power supply relay.

check to make sure the CEL bulb is good. its not common but its something to check.

heres the pinouts for a 97 zetec. should be the same for a 96. check your resistance to ground on all grounds (pull the connector and use an ohm meter, go from the pin to the negative battery terminal.) also check and make sure you have power at each pin thats supposed to.

97pinout.jpg

97pinout1.jpg

Ok I'll have to go to the parts store and pick up a ohm meter tomorrow, so on your diagram the pins that are black are the ones that are supposed to have power, sweet thanks alot. But in that bottom diagram it says manual transmission only, it's a automatic.

its for both. its supposed to say in the liitle box at the top
*automatic transmission only
**manual transmission only

that means that any line with a single * is only on ATXs and any line with ** is only on MTXs.

the 2 pics go together. the top one shows the connector and what each pins number is. the blacked out numbers are blank and are "not used"

you will have to read throught the list and find all the "grounds" and check them as well as find all the "power"

you may also want to check pin 80 since your fuel pump is not coming on. although you will have to plug the connector back into the PCM and then turn the key on for that.

Back