• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ok got it fixed but something else is up now.....

Robsdaace

CEG'er
all i can say is that this is the only ford i shall ever own.....

ok i just paid $140 for a shop to end up doing what me and my friend did which was swap the fuel pump because it ended up being that the new fuel pump i put in was defective and wasnt working.... so they took it out and i exchanged it and they put it in and it started good but then a couple vacuum lines behind the throttle body were loose so we had to plug them in but there was one line that we couldnt find so idk if it was missing a hose or not.... on the back of the TB it has four different connectors for the hose and there was one on the upper left side (if ur looking down) that was uncovered so we covered it up for now until we find out what the hell was there... but today while i was driving, it was going perfectly and all of a sudden it hesitated... it was stopping and accelerating at the same time while my foot was at the gas..... wtf could be the cause of this..... i also just changed the fuel filter and it keeps on doing it... but its doing it worse now..... can someone please help me out with this and if anything show me a picture of the vacuum connections to the TB

thanks,
Robert

ah dont get me started on the issues ive had with mine. i trump all!!!!!!!! my lastest problem envolved injector harness wires just magically coming out of the connector and the connector just coming apart.

but i have the same problem possibly. is it happening at part throttle (like 10%)? mine has acted up like i drop throttle then slam it while i just hold it steady. this one has baffled me for a long time. i could only come up with a bad tps for the problem. i have replaced everything else (not to find the problem), and i mean just about everything else like injectors, fuel rail, fpr, iac, maf, some much stuff that its ridiculous how much money ive put in it. ive had all and more the issues then anyone, including replacing the motor.

im hoping someone may shed some light on this, but the only fix ive found so far, is that i have to give it more throttle to prevent a problem. i do get a stumble sometimes while cruising city speeds, which if the egr is set up like the focus, i know the problem.

Mine does the same thing. Still trying to locate the cause. For now, passing that point on the throttle quickly keeps it from happening.

im going to mess with the egr solenoid either today or tomorrow and see if anything good comes from it. possibly, i may have another bad one.

Back