• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blower problem...(high only)

D

devanmc

I got in my car this morning and noticed my blower(hvac) only blows on low(seems lower then normaly is) and high. The vent select still works fine though(isnt not stuck on defrost). What could cause this? :shrug:

How would i go about both of those?I ran into the vac line issue over the summer, so i know its not the vac line on the manifold, but so far thats all i can rule out.(just wanted to add more info)

The switch that Brapple is talking about is the Low medium and High for fan switch. The other thing is the blower resistor under the glove box.

The switch that Brapple is talking about is the Low medium and High for fan switch. The other thing is the blower resistor under the glove box.

seems like (after searching), to be the typical resister, as i messed with it further and there is no low(it was just heat left inside the vents) just the high. so ill go for that i guess.

how would i test the switch?

had the same problem, im going to say its the resistor pack.

funny thing was, the Resistor pack went out, then the next day the switch quit also, best part was it quit on low, and it was 90 degrees outside so the car would barely cool off. Ford dealer fixed it for free because it was a recall :D

so they will fix it for free? The switch still works for now.

had the same problem, im going to say its the resistor pack.

funny thing was, the Resistor pack went out, then the next day the switch quit also, best part was it quit on low, and it was 90 degrees outside so the car would barely cool off. Ford dealer fixed it for free because it was a recall :D

for which car? I am betting the pre98, and i doubt that recall is good anymore anyway ...

it's not a recall but an extended policy that was good i beleive for 10 years if you pm me your vin i will run it and see if your vehicle falls under it and give u the details.

thanks ill pm you tonight.

my switch is still working though thankfully i dont have to deal with that.

Back