• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

In the land of OZ

In the land of OZ

• Total voters
A 40 series? Not on your life.

When I bought my 2nd SVT it came with 215/45r17 on Superleggeras and I hated how they looked, not wide enough for the wheel. I moved up to a 225/40r17 and the sidewall is the same height as the 45 but the tread width is greater. And the roads out here aren't any better.

the rs-5's look too much like a factory wheel...

your camber looks out of whack in those pics

When I bought my 2nd SVT it came with 215/45r17 on Superleggeras and I hated how they looked, not wide enough for the wheel. I moved up to a 225/40r17 and the sidewall is the same height as the 45 but the tread width is greater. And the roads out here aren't any better.

And a 215/45 looks like a little rubber band to begin with. 225/45 is nice and meaty.

The spoke design on the OZ will always make them look about 1" smaller than they are.

Heres my 18"s which don't look like 18" at all:

(crappy shots, sorry)
DSCF2354Medium.jpg

DSCF2353Medium.jpg

DSCF1934Medium.jpg

What is the finish on these wheels? Are they special order? I thought I remembered something like competition silver/grey....

sell the inky's, powdercoat the OZ's.

/thread.

Thats what i was thinking :shrug:

Keep the oz!! After having 17" rs-5's i went to 18"rs-5's...then i bailed on anything that was sold in the states and bought my wheels in UK. :cool:

What really drove me away from the rs-5's, is everywhere i went i started to see them on crap cars.:blackeye: Then i knew i had to do something about that. So i sold them:cool:

Based off the pole, we really didn't help you decide :blackeye:.....

i thought we were supposed to keep the three bars up to close of equal length?:shrug:

:laugh:.

im still going with the RS-5s, they're easier to clean, and they look better on your car.

It's time to trade me those OZs for my Motegi HyperBlacks (they are impossible to find--extremely rare, just what you need)

Back