• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT VS 06 Mustang

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
Theres this kid that wants to race me on the 1/4 mile. Hes got an 06 Mustang V6 with Dual exhuast, intake with ehat sheild,Short throw, and he has 20"s. We want to hit up the strip as soon as it gets nice out. but im kinda worried about if i`ll loose or not.
by the time we go i should have all of these mods:

optmized TB,UR underdrive crank pulley, p/s alt pullies,MSDS headers, Trubendz y pipe/cat, resonator delete,MSDS wires, 99-00 SVT LIM, tune, K&N RU-3530 with pudmunkie heat sheild, B&M short throw, 17" wheels

mines a 98 SVT

What do you all think? stang or tour? what kinda times?

Is it a red mustang with tinted windows and a retarded black lip on the back? I may or may not have killed one at an undisclosed location at an undisclosed time by a distance of no less than 7 car lengths.

You should have it from a launch. They are not the easiest car to launch either.

if your worried about losing, then don't race someone!! if you go to the track and just have fun, you will enjoy it x10. even if you could beat this one guy, there is always 100's of others you can't....so what is the difference whether you win or lose?

oh, and to stay on subject. if he was on stock rim size i think he would have you unless you are a great driver, but with his honkin' dubs it will be pretty close.

I've never ever understood buying a mustang and getting the V6 lol. I made a promise to myself back when I was 16; buy the fastest motor available for the platform. I'm 33 now and have held true LOL.

Just make fun of him because he bought a V6 stang and then decided to mod it LOL. Money would have been better spent on a V8.

Judging from the Mustang V6 rental car I had a few weeks ago, you don't stand a chance unless you have a boosted 3.0.

I thought the rental car was a V8 from the way it ran. I had to lift the hood to be sure.

Do yourself and just go for a ride with him in the Mustang and save yourself some embarrassment.

Judging from the Mustang V6 rental car I had a few weeks ago, you don't stand a chance unless you have a boosted 3.0.

I thought the rental car was a V8 from the way it ran. I had to lift the hood to be sure.

Do yourself and just go for a ride with him in the Mustang and save yourself some embarrassment.

oh come on jim, i think a 3.0 contour could take a v6 mustang without boost.

i think this will come down to a driver's race. he's got more torque than you but those 20s are really going to hurt him. he'll still be able to hook up better than you so just watch your launch and and shifts and you should take him.

and about handling on a mustang. the new mustangs are MUCH better in this department than the older ones (cobras not included). not to mention they make aftermarket parts that make the cars fantastic in the corners.

oh come on jim, i think a 3.0 contour could take a v6 mustang without boost.

i think this will come down to a driver's race. he's got more torque than you but those 20s are really going to hurt him. he'll still be able to hook up better than you so just watch your launch and and shifts and you should take him.

and about handling on a mustang. the new mustangs are MUCH better in this department than the older ones (cobras not included). not to mention they make aftermarket parts that make the cars fantastic in the corners.

You need to drive a new Mustang before responding. It is a much stronger running car than I expected.

Before my car went caput, my friend has a 2006 Mustang V6 Auto, and I pulled in every gear, and destroyed his car with my svt with headers, true duals, and short ram air intake with heatshield.

Last edited:
Theres this kid that wants to race me on the 1/4 mile. Hes got an 06 Mustang V6 with Dual exhuast, intake with ehat sheild,Short throw, and he has 20"s. We want to hit up the strip as soon as it gets nice out. but im kinda worried about if i`ll loose or not.
by the time we go i should have all of these mods:

optmized TB,UR underdrive crank pulley, p/s alt pullies,MSDS headers, Trubendz y pipe/cat, resonator delete,MSDS wires, 99-00 SVT LIM, tune, K&N RU-3530 with pudmunkie heat sheild, B&M short throw, 17" wheels

mines a 98 SVT

What do you all think? stang or tour? what kinda times?

I don't know if that mods list is a wish list or actually what you have, but you should not be running an UR underdrive crank pulley with the P/S and alternator pullies. You'll probably gain an extra pony or two by just using the UR pulley over the P/S and alternator pullies but it is probably safer to use the P/S and alternator pullies than the UR pulley.

Back