• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

100 miles on half tank

what do i ned to do to get my gas mileage back? i know my filter needs to be changed (fuel), the oil and atx fluid was changed, the ford racing wires i have has 20k on them my spark plugs has 30k on them and i just changed the air filter my pcv valve still stock i bought one but never replaced it. i have no leaking vacum.

maybe you have a slight gas leak? with that horrible mileage you might want to check your tank and maybe you have a bad spark plug because I can only see a 4cl running on 3 being that bad of mileage.. gl bro

"Location: Granite Falls, WA"

What's the weather out in Granite Falls? Have you been using the heat with DEF or DEF/FLR? That also turns on the a/c unit.

"Location: Granite Falls, WA"

What's the weather out in Granite Falls? Have you been using the heat with DEF or DEF/FLR? That also turns on the a/c unit.
my compressure is by passed with a smaller belt so no way. also can i take my car into shucks or autozone to scan my car with out a cel? i heard i can but i went there and they told me they can not do it with the cel off. thanks for your replies.

my compressure is by passed with a smaller belt so no way. also can i take my car into shucks or autozone to scan my car with out a cel? i heard i can but i went there and they told me they can not do it with the cel off. thanks for your replies.
since that 100 miles on a half tank i went to 1/4 and it was a 211 i thought it was good so far.

Tell them you think the CEL light bulb mgiht be broken and you have been told that the codes are stored even though the bulb is broken. And if they see the light is on when you turn on the ignition, just say that sometimes it does that. ;)

Edit.

since that 100 miles on a half tank i went to 1/4 and it was a 211 i thought it was good so far.

Well, maybe you are fine then. ;)

Tell them you think the CEL light bulb mgiht be broken and you have been told that the codes are stored even though the bulb is broken. And if they see the light is on when you turn on the ignition, just say that sometimes it does that. ;)

Edit.

Well, maybe you are fine then. ;)
still like to take the car to get it scanned to see if theres something wrong with it but they wont let me scan it with out a cel i probably have to talk to them again.

you can scan it with or without the CEL on. if there are any codes or any pending codes it display them. the guys at autozone only think they know what they are doing.

just go in and tell them you want it scanned for any pending codes. if they say they cant they are lying (wouldnt go back to that one if my life depended on it). there are certain codes that the PCM requires the test to fail twice in a given amount of time before it sets a CEL (these are usually none emissions related codes). if it fails the test once it will be logged and stored as a pending code. when it fails the second time within the given number of cycles it will then light the CEL and log it as a fault.

if they dont do it right from the begining then tell them what i just posted (you can sumerize dont have to get into specifics) if they still wont do it go somewhere else.

Back