• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Better watch out Paul...

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
P6180002.jpg

are those off your car???

regardless i wish i had painted them....the nice gold color they were originally looked so sexy though.

what?...you're going to throw some dirty brake calipers at me?

At your boys. That way I can point and laugh...and smear mud all over your car as you cry in pain/horror.

Actually, they're a spare set of front E1 calipers that Black 98 CSVT let me have for stupid cheap. I'm going to look into putting the front SVT brakes on the back. :cool:

Last edited:
i think the cable is not on the guide right...

edit: what's there to figure out? there's just no provision for the parking brake with the front calipers.

Last edited:
There's always a way to get things to work. :cool:

Besides, it wouldn't be called a project without some hurdles to clear.

Last edited:
TGO said:
what about the parking brake??

Just keep a wheel chock in the car. When you get out, stick it in front of or behind a wheel, depending on the grade. Problem solved.

Just keep a wheel chock in the car. When you get out, stick it in front of or behind a wheel, depending on the grade. Problem solved.

don't knock it until you try it!
I still have the 4x4 block with a rope tied to it that i used for a parking brake on my van!
i kept it in the step in the drivers side front door, i would hop out and toss it under the front tire, leaving the rope inside the van.
when i wanted to leave i would roll off the block and pull it into the van, shut the door and be on my way!

don't knock it until you try it!
I still have the 4x4 block with a rope tied to it that i used for a parking brake on my van!
i kept it in the step in the drivers side front door, i would hop out and toss it under the front tire, leaving the rope inside the van.
when i wanted to leave i would roll off the block and pull it into the van, shut the door and be on my way!

The Possum Van!

Back