• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Amp problem.

What brand/model is the amp? It sounds like there is something wrong with one of the channels but I don't know anything about that. All I would do is be sure to check and double check the wiring connections. And just wondering - what size wire did you use?

Bad amp? Try flipping your rca's around on your amp... does the problem move or stay in the same spot... if it moves.. possibly bad RCA's/connection...

What brand/model is the amp? It sounds like there is something wrong with one of the channels but I don't know anything about that. All I would do is be sure to check and double check the wiring connections. And just wondering - what size wire did you use?

I believe the amp is scosche (sp?) Using this kit from walmart : http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4694327

Bad amp? Try flipping your rca's around on your amp... does the problem move or stay in the same spot... if it moves.. possibly bad RCA's/connection...

Ill do it tomorrow and see.

The amp worked perfectly for a month, then the problem happened.

See if you blew one of the fuses. My old amp has a fuse stuck in the side of it for each channel. If you were bumpin hard, you may have blown the fuse on that channel?

I replaced the rca cables today, and that seemed to fix it.

Thank you csvt :)

This is my new question :

Okay, so my amp has 4 slots for speakers (2 per speaker). I would like to get maybe two more subs, but how would/could i go about doing this?

You'd need to get a splitter to get power to another amp and set of subs. But that should eat up all of your trunk space.

You'd need to get a splitter to get power to another amp and set of subs. But that should eat up all of your trunk space.

I'm assuming that would be 4 speakers total... depending on your amp, you may be able to run those all on the one amp... what you'd need to do is punch in the amp's model number to google and find it's specs and what ohm loads it can handle. After that, you need to find out how many and what ohms your subs are... for example.. a single voice coil 4 ohm sub or a dual voice coil 2 ohm sub.. That'll be how we'll be able to determine if it'll work or not...

actually, most all amps are 4 ohm stable in bridged, so just wire each pair of 4 oh subs parallel, then wire those parallel sets series. tada, 4 ohm load. or you could do sets in series, wired parallel. either way.

if you have DVC subs, things might get trickier, but descent amps will run 2 ohms bridged, so your still be good. if not, wire each speakers voice coil parallel, then wire all of them series, gets you to 8 ohms.

Back