• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new ride!

This car has Rox "star" rims on it. 20" too. They ran him around $2000. I priced the wheels and tires in 18" for about $1200.

I like these rims a lot better than the all chrome ones.
Nonetheless it is your car and do what you like best nothing looks stupid if you like it :shrug:! Just dont do what my friend did when i said that and go sticking pep boy sticker vents all over your car!

Im not a chrome person but the style of the rims are very nice both chrome and black/chrome. I personally would go with the chromed and black ones.

I would save up for some bigger rims cause itll go better with the car. just my .02!

Good luck with everything!

A 20" wheel on a 160 horse car will make the acceleration a bit gutless -- too much rotating mass / resistance. No bigger than 18.

Were it me, I'd leave it bone as* stock and put the greenbacks in the bank.

A 20" wheel on a 160 horse car will make the acceleration a bit gutless -- too much rotating mass / resistance. No bigger than 18.

Were it me, I'd leave it bone as* stock and put the greenbacks in the bank.

Thats why I say to get 18's. 20's will really cut down on my gas mileage. That car with the 20's has a 225 hp v6 in it so I'm sure he doesn't have any problem taking off.

I definitely agree that buying rims is a really bad investment but what can you do when a guy wants something.

Damn, the more fusions' i see with rims, the more they grow on me. really good lookin car IMO.

edit* was browsing the fusion forum. and ran across a fusion with 18" "rox" stars, (same as pictured above)
Picture_183.jpg

look better then i thought. thought 18's would get swallowed up by the wheel wells! my bad!

Last edited:
donradeon, no offense but they look like they belong on a honda. The fusion isn't really that type of car. It's alot bigger than the contour. I don't think racing wheels fit it to well.

Would there be anyone interested on doing a photochop with the two different diamo rims on my black Fusion. If you would need a better side picture let me know.

Damn, the more fusions' i see with rims, the more they grow on me. really good lookin car IMO.

edit* was browsing the fusion forum. and ran across a fusion with 18" "rox" stars, (same as pictured above) look better then i thought. thought 18's would get swallowed up by the wheel wells! my bad!

Yeah I've already talked to that guy. They look really nice. I found them at my local shop and I was thinking about getting them but I really like the diamo rims but they are little more expensive.

donradeon, no offense but they look like they belong on a honda. The fusion isn't really that type of car. It's alot bigger than the contour. I don't think racing wheels fit it to well.
Alright if you wanna look like a drug dealer with no taste, that's all you.

dude i like the first rims you posted. im not usually a fan of chrome but i feel like it would fit the car perfectly because of all the other chrome thats already on it... do what you want! i think it would look nice.

i've only seen one of these things modded in person and it looked so clean. lip kit and some 18's or 19's...had to take a double look.

chrome wheels can be nice as long as you stick with a 5 lug ;)

I think the chrome wheels will go very well with the car since it already has all the chrome on the front. I'm really trying to get a set of those diamo rims. 18" though. Anything bigger than that will be way to expensive to get tires.

Could someone please to a photoshop with those wheels and my car? I want to see what it would look like before I spent the money.

Back