• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

coolant capacity

garrettkjr

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I don't have an owner's manual and need to know the coolant capacity. It's a 1999 SE with 2.0 inline four cylinder and automatic transmission. Anybody got their manual handy?

Thanks!

Excellent site. I bookmarked that one for sure. It doesn't look like GM, Chrysler and others have a similar site to see manuals online.

Thanks,
Garrett

You should just download a copy and save on your computer. You never know when they might "clean it up".

I'm a used car dealer. This car should be going to a new customer this weekend. Who knows what manual I'll need next? :)

Still the same car. Just now getting back to it because somebody was interested in it. I used Bars Head Gasket Sealer on it and that cured the occasional smoking out the tail pipe problem, but it's still bogging down like it's running out of fuel sometimes. I thought maybe the gas gauge wasn't working, so I put some gas in it, but that didn't help. I'm going to put a fuel filter on today and run some Seafoam through it. I've also heard about an electrical glitch on Contours that I may have. I forgot exactly what part he said goes bad on Contours sometimes. Was it the wiring harness? I'm hearing more crackling from the catalytic converter than usual like it's getting too hot. I'm wondering if the cat is clogged up. Any ideas are appreciated!

Unplug the upper O2 sensor and see if it drives better. If it does, you know the Cat converter is blocked. Don't drive for more than a few minutes as the hot exhaust gases might melt more wires or hoses (or you can make some sort of temporary shield with the exhaust repair kits, the ones with the aluminum and cloth looking thing, sold at Autozone or Advance).

Back