• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

contour starter died!

bigworm

CEG'er
Hi I know that I need to change my starter and I have the instructions from Haynes repair manual. What I wanted to know is how hard is it to change the alternator on a zetec. I changed the alternator myself. On a scale of 1 thru 10 being ridiculous hard I would give it a 4.5. What should I expect bloody knuckles? Striped bolts? Is there a shortcut that I should know about? Any help or advice would be appreciated

No advice I can give you....my starter was easy to get to since it went out before putting in the supercharger (it sits right under the intake manifold). The alternator, I never had to change. :shrug: From what I remember it wasn't too hard to pull out (relocated with the supercharger kit).

removal

removal

yeah it was way to complicated to remove the starter from out under the car the bolts where easy but we could not figure out for the life of us how to take the starter out it did not fit. The book just said remove from under the car. We had to remove the ecv pipe i think thats what its called.

Back