• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The SVT was in an accident.

ExDelayed

CEG'er
My nephew came to pick up the `96 tonight and I had to pull the SVT out to set the GL free. I jumped it off of the Dodge and pulled it into the road (facing down the hill). We got the GL out and I went to pull the SVT back in. Its dead battery was taking absolutely no charge off of the Dodge. I pulled the Cougar's battery to bring the SVT back to life but it had a marginal charge from me listening to the radio while working on it. Told my brother in law to open the hood on the Dodge so I could give it a little boost. I hear the all to familiar snap of the Dodge's parking brake releasing and jump out from in between the two. The Dodge hit the SVT at probably 2 MPH, but with the SVT being lowered and the Dodge being leveled it missed the SVT's crash bar.

No damage to the Dodge but the SVT's rear bumper is in sorry shape. The bolts for my license plate on the truck, along with its plate bracket put two nice gouges in the SVT. The truck's crash bar, riding over the SVT's shattered the brittle plastic almost the entire width of where the bumper meets the trunklid.

He respoded with, "apparently that wasnt the hood."

Im more then pissed.

Last edited:
That sucks.... At least everyone is OK cause you sure as hell wouldnt have wanted to get stuck in between the two! Think fast(Not a good joke this time)!

There are a couple bumpers on sale right now so it shouldnt b 2 bad! Hope everything works out!

- amyn

Must be that time of year. Wife -E-'s best friend took are Regal under an F-250 rear bumper. Not a scratch on the F-250, $4000 worth of damage on my GS. Went into the shop today, going to drive the piss out of this rental car ! ha ha ha Wife and Best-friend ok.

$500 later it should be done in 3 weeks
-B.

Damn Jon, keep people away from your Dodge! I'd get pretty upset about the damage caused by others. Didn't a co-worker kiss your bed side while loading something in there, and put a big dent into it?

that sucks about the car and the truck both... how is the car repair coming along?
It got a gremlin running around the engine compartment right now (actually the same gremlin is in my brother's ZX2 also). Havent really done anything to the bumper except messed with it enough so its not quite so obvious. Still need to adjust the decklid too.

ouch...total bummer man. Atleast it was someone you knew...
That made it worse.

I was a dumbass, I left my house and forgot my wallet, so I turned around real quick and pulled up to my house...ran in, ran out and heard a "clunk/crash"...and my car wasn't visible from my doorway. I went out into the street with my jaw dropped and my car had rolled backwards for about 15 seconds and hit a yellow street pole in my neighborhood.

Rear bumber is toast, I need a new trunk light b/c it's crack....no other damage thank god. It hit literally a foot between cars on both sides. I'm very "lucky" and thankful it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Sorry I failed you guys! and hurt my baby...

Back