Location of the IAC for the Zetec.
"It's on the back side of the intake plenum under the throttle body area." DESIGN.
I looked at the Haynes manual and the Zetec IAC valve is located next to the starter. Below are the steps from the 1996 Ford CD to remove it .
Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve
1. Disconnect battery ground cable
2. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube and resonator assembly.
3. Disconnect the main chassis vacuum line.
4. Disconnect the ignition coil and radio interference capacitor wiring.
5. Remove the fuel line bracket retaining bolt.
6. On 2.0L engine equipped vehicles, raise vehicle on hoist.
7. Disconnect the engine control sensor wiring or fuel charging wiring (depending upon application) from the idle air control valve (IAC valve) at the idle air control valve connector.
8. On 2.5L engine equipped vehicles, remove retainer for engine control sensor wiring from the upper retaining stud bolt.
9. Remove the two idle air control valve retaining bolts or stud bolt (depending upon application).
10. Remove the idle air control valve and idle air control valve gasket.
1. Note: If scraping is necessary, be careful not to damage idle air control valve or intake manifold idle air control valve gasket surfaces or drop material into intake manifold.
Clean idle air control valve gasket mating surfaces.
2. To install idle air control valve, reverse Removal procedure. Tighten the fuel line bracket bolt to 8-12 N-m (71-106 lb-in).
3. On 2.5L engine equipped vehicles, tighten the retaining bolt and stud bolt to 8-12
4. On 2.0L engine equipped vehicles, tighten the idle air control valve retaining bolts to 8-11 N-m (71-97 lb-in).