• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Before & after...my first car

PeppermintPatty

Is a bad kind of man, like that Jodie Foster
I bought it when I was 16...we finished it the week before graduation 1988
Camaro.jpg

Camaro001.jpg

Camaro002.jpg

Camaro003.jpg

Camaro004.jpg

Camaro005.jpg

Camaro006.jpg

Camaro007.jpg

80's relics...no wiper comments, they were the shiz

Camaro008.jpg

Camaro009.jpg

one of those I wish I still had...unfortunately my progress pics have been lost in a album somewhere along w/ the original bill of sale. I'd love to run the VIN & find out it's demise.

Last edited:
...and the lucky girl that drove it to graduation (wish I could get in her pants...oh wait)

another 80's relic, oh the hair (it got even larger as the year progressed)...told ya we should have a senior pic thread

SeniorPic.jpg

omg what a pimp with that popped collar! ;)

great job on the car. The pink down the side adds a nice touch for a young gal. ;)

omg what a pimp with that popped collar! ;)

great job on the car. The pink down the side adds a nice touch for a young gal. ;)

80's rock!

you can barely see it but I highlighted the "weiand" logo on the valve covers & air cleaners in hot pink & also pinstriped the same zigzag stripe from the side across my chrome rad cover...I kept paper next to my bed, for some reason ideas always came in the middle of the night. I scribbled down the stripe, went to my dad's paint supplier & had him mix the paint (put it on my dad's account, heh) & had the stripe laid out by the time he got home from work...SUPRISE, bring the paint gun home

I also had "Fade to Black" painted on the back window, ala Metallica

I bought the car for $800. Just try & find that again...

It's got a 350 4-bolt, comp cams Eliminator, bigger heads (don't remember now), roller rockers, fairbanks 3500 stall, weiand tunnel w/ 465 holleys, double roller timing chain, elec fuel pump, B&M shift kit, B&M quicksilver (not shown) ratchet shifter...needed gears badly, not a huge build, but big enough for a 17 yr old.

thx for the comments...

shut it toodles...you're about due for a colonoscopy aren't you? ;)

...I was a stupid kid, I wanted a corvette & regretted every bit of trading it

you just buffed a lot to get it to look like that, right? the car, not the hair. :) And I was 8 at the time....so I was alive and well. And like everyone says...cute pic.

nice!! beats the ever-loving **** out of what i drove in HS. :drool:

hey, you and i have the same eyes. i want them back, i can't see **** when you have them.

hey, you and i have the same eyes.

mine are a little more red than blue right now...oh, you can have them, but I'm part of the package. Soooo...what are you wearing? I've got on that thong you like...:eek:

untitled1.jpg

Last edited:
mine are a little more red than blue right now...oh, you can have them, but I'm part of the package. Soooo...what are you wearing? I've got on that thong you like...:eek:

untitled1.jpg

lmao!

i'm not wearing anything but a rolex and a pair of bowling shoes.

Mx's are more a cat sh*t brown shade.

my eyes are a stunning blue, thank you. :laugh:

Back