• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's the box behind the glove compartment?

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
So yesterday I was cleaning out the car and I found there was a silver box behind the glove compartment and it look like is an AC Power Oulet?? I'm not sure what that box is but does anyone know for sure? I also found a wire with a little plastic cube, it look like is some kind of relay with missing fuse. I'll try to post some pictures up later.

Do you mean the stock audio amp??

DSC00053.jpg

x2. Does your car have the stock head unit? If not, that could be the "missing fuse", ie, they bypassed the fact. amp and didn't use the connector.

the pics you are showing are the pcm not an amplifier

Not to revive an old thread for no reason.. but how do you get the glove compartment down? Just.. push? heh.

Not sure on pre 98s although I recall seeing a post about it very recently. I just have to kind of push inward on the sides in the middle of the glove box. Then it can pass whatever tabs are keeping it in place.

Not sure on pre 98s although I recall seeing a post about it very recently. I just have to kind of push inward on the sides in the middle of the glove box. Then it can pass whatever tabs are keeping it in place.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! :)

That is EXACTLY correct. Open the glove box, drop it down a bit, press inward on both sides of the plastic and the box will go past the stops and fall right down. to get it back up, just press in and up at the same time. It is easier than it sounds.

Back