• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need some advice - AC condensation drain

Kevinm

CEG'er
Sons 2000 SVT seems to leak condensation into the passanger footwell when the AC is on. My suspiscion is that the drain is either plugged or a hose if present is off. So we pulled the glove box off, and loosened the center console to see if anything obvious can be seen. I can't find the area where the water drains. Anyone that can provide some advice as to where to look for the drain, or fix this issue it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Probably A/C drain pipe plugged. Check under the firewall under the car. There is a "tube" running out from the firewall. Turn on the A/C to max and see if any water is dripping from the "tube". If water isn't dripping, you know it is plugged up.

Big Jim mentioned in a previous post in the ARCHIVES-PROBLEMS that it could be a plugged A/C drain and the drain runs in the firewall. You need to go under the car to find it just above the exhaust. You may want to clean out the undersides first as it is difficult to find the drain. He used a coathanger wire to clear the drain and you shouldn't push in more than an inch for fear of damaging the insides.

Last edited:
Thanks, we ran out of time, but that was the next thing on the list. Thought I could access it in the car.

I'd use those fuzzy colored pipe cleaners we all used to play with when we were kids. Those would be a little more forgiving than a clothes hanger if you hit something.

Another thing it could be, is just condensation building up and dripping off. I've had a few cars that'd do that especially on the more humid days.

Back