• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Electrical Diagram for a/c and heater blower

sdad

New CEG'er
I have a 95 2.0 w/ac. Blower is now longer working and I am trying to troubleshoot. I am aware of the resistor pack and the blower speed switch issues. These are not my problem. I am working with a Haynes manual, somewhat incomplete and maybe a little erroneous. My issue seems to to be an intermittent in the wiring harness itself, and since I don't have either connector data or good wire color code info, this is stretching out longer than I would like. Anyone have connector pin assignments (labeled as "Cxxx")(I need main fusebox, resistor pack, fan, and heater control panel) and/or a known good diagram for a '95? Any info of junction locations (labeled as "Sxxx")Tough seeing through the frost and working in a cold garage. All else fails, I'm going to hardwire, with a toggle switch and inline fuse, directly from the battery to the fan. Now, that's desperate. By the way, the vent position control (at least partially) and heat level control is working.

Thanks for the help

Personally, my problem with the AC, blower motor, (and several other electrical things not working) was due to a fuse that kept blowing. It may not sound like a brilliant fix, but I just went up the next rating for that particular fuse. If I remember right, it was labeled "backup lights" in the car owner manual and Haynes. ...odd, i know, but Ford stupidly crammed on way more than they should have on that circuit, imo.

That's really not all that crazy. Sizing fuses is not necessarily a simple matter when you consider inrush spikes, etc. The amplitude and duration can be huge compared to steady state. While I would not, as a habit, recommended upsizing a fuse value, that's how I sometimes had to fuse custom circuits that I produced. You need to make sure that internal wiring will tolerate this allowed increase (this includes circuit boards, etc).

OK, so much for that. In my case, I'm intermittent. sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. Time has past since my post, and the issue has resolved to a VERY messed up harness. Not sure where, since I can't seem to get at a junction point.

The 1995 Contour has become a dry weather car. I went and bought a Taurus.

Back