• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Muffler vs Resonator?

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
Looking to quiet the car way down. Spoke with magnflow, and they told me my best option is using my true duals is this:

the 2 cats, a 2 in 2 out muffler, and then the mufflers with tips i want in the back...

my question is, what is the difference between a resonator and a muffler, and why is a muffler quieter? I already have 2 resonators installed, and was thinking of jsut repalcing the supertrapps with magnaflows and putting an xpipe in, but the 2 in2out muffler will act as a Xpipe.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this for me!

Last edited:
Ive ridden in a local guys CSVT with truduals He has a X pipe 2 Magnaflow resonators and 2 Magnaflow mufflers(+ gutted precats) it's probably one of the best sounding exhausts i have heard. I would highly recommend it.

Ive ridden in a local guys CSVT with truduals He has a X pipe 2 Magnaflow resonators and 2 Magnaflow mufflers(+ gutted precats) it's probably one of the best sounding exhausts i have heard. I would highly recommend it.

Any chance we can get thsi fellow to post a sound clip for me? I have resonators now, and headers, jsut need to get some sort of xpipe(whether jsut an xpipe or a 2 in 2 out muffler) and order the magnaflow mufflers...

would love to hear the sound before I continue with this if it can be done! And is it a ceger?

Also, any cats?

Last edited:

who is it,,,, getlucky151 or beaven?

Last edited:
Looking to quiet the car way down. Spoke with magnflow, and they told me my best option is using my true duals is this:

the 2 cats, a 2 in 2 out muffler, and then the mufflers with tips i want in the back...

I agree with the man.

Go with 2 high flow cats --- 60 dollars for 2

2 in or out muffler or 2 which also eliminates a need for a h/x pipe. 80 dollars

Then 2 mufflers at the end.--- 120for both

260 total for everything. Then you need them welded on.

Even after all these added it will still have a nice rumbling sound.

I agree with the man.

Go with 2 high flow cats --- 60 dollars for 2

2 in or out muffler or 2 which also eliminates a need for a h/x pipe. 80 dollars

Then 2 mufflers at the end.--- 120for both

260 total for everything. Then you need them welded on.

Even after all these added it will still have a nice rumbling sound.

Well, I have the 2 high flow cats, so jsut get a two in/2 out muffler, and then the mufflers on the back. I think thats the way I was leaning, but wanted to hear the car Beans was talking about if possible since he said it sounded awesome!

But - the 2 mufflers on the end, 250 for both, and 2 in 2 out muffler, 110. Through www.justmagnaflow.com so 360, and I already have the cats, so then just welded and piped correctly!

The car beans is speaking off was owned by my old friend. I helped my friend back in 2001 design that tru-dual exhaust.

Getlucky151 also has a tru-dual exhaust.

I would go with the setup the magnaflow rep stated.

IT sounds the best plus it keeps the rasp down alot.

--Harry

The car beans is speaking off was owned by my old friend. I helped my friend back in 2001 design that tru-dual exhaust.

Getlucky151 also has a tru-dual exhaust.

I would go with the setup the magnaflow rep stated.

IT sounds the best plus it keeps the rasp down alot.

--Harry

Good, ordering stuff after the holidays, and will get some sound clips together, hope it sounds nice!

MUstanf gt muffler

MUstanf gt muffler

Someone can tell what's gonna happened if I use a mustanf gt muffler as resonator? anybody has idea? I tried before with magnaflow resonator but was kind of loud. I know is a stupid question

Someone can tell what's gonna happened if I use a mustanf gt muffler as resonator? anybody has idea? I tried before with magnaflow resonator but was kind of loud. I know is a stupid question

Way to go! for searching man. But....what year mustang? Is it a stock muffler?

More details man...:shrug:

Back