• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

An idea for next year

I know I am going to get a trout slap for this but is SZ in GR again next year. If so I would be more than willing to help with some planning, making phone calls, setting up and ect. I will definatly be there next year, I've missed the last two, except for the show-n-shine this year. let me know if you need anything Todd.

I'll bring collard greens and sweet tea. Guess I could pick up some local muscadine wine, we ain't got any local made beer. Could bring some shine, but that ain't a good idea.

Wisco peeps can bring some cheesecurds for all. ;)

Cheeseheads are the tailgating masters! BRATS, parsimmered in beer, then grilled with kraut! I would also have to bring what is known in some circles as "Mr. Jim's Red [Stuff]" (awesome seasoning for eggs, potatoes, chicken...)

BigBEN... go to Culvers. I had good response from Canadians.

i think if a new location is planned for next year it needs to be closer to the East.
there has been New England representation at every SZ since 2001, heck i have been to every one since '02.
and if it gets farther away i might have to reconsider.
no matter how hard you try the 13 hour drive always ends up taking a lot longer.

And I like going to Carlisle and was only able to make it one year. I think that was '03 when we didn't have a SZ. I think it's only 9 hrs. from Detroit too.

Last edited:
How about making Carlisle SZ? Wouldn't even have to set anything up aside from a hotel.

that might work well. If you pre-register its $30 for entry for the whole weekend for two people and a car. Saturday is the big day at the show and when voting occurs. So that would leave thursday/friday for other events.

There is an AutoX at Carlisle right? We could still do our own awards and have a Banquet. Ppl could win Carlisle awards as well as CEG awards. Summit Point is only 1.5 hrs. from Carlisle too. Mmmm road course.

Last edited:
What about Mid Ohio? http://www.midohio.com/ I think Wisconsin is a great idea RA is a sweet track and they have plenty of beer. What about PA? I know Carlisle is an option but do we get lost in everything else that is going on there? Anything in Cleveland? Indianapolis? Detroit?

With the bulk of people coming from WGL, EGL, NE, and NE, a central location is key.

There is an AutoX at Carlisle right? We could still do our own awards and have a Banquet. Ppl could win Carlisle awards as well as CEG awards. Summit Point is only 1.5 hrs. from Carlisle too. Mmmm road course.

autox, I don't know, if there is one near by but as far as i know Carlisle has always just been a car show

Back