• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My SVT may be dead ...

sucks to hear about your car though. what are you going to get to replace it?

*sigh* Not really sure. I've had an interest in RWD and V8 power ... not sure if this will be a good idea as I'm financially strapped right now and gas prices are TERRIBLE.

I guess it depends what happens financially the next couple months. How much I get for my car, if I can part it out, etc. I may just get a decent beater to tool around in until I'm really sure what I want.

Not sure if I could own another SVT ... I do like them but I was sick of the issues with mine.

Look at the roof of the nearest building. Now look above it. That's where your premiums are going to be. :blackeye:

why? nobody was injured and no other cars were involved. hell, as long as there were no other witnesses, all the insurance needs to know is the owner of the car was driving it and he swerved to avoid an animal or something.

The success of that plan depends on your conscience.

hmmm...get some of the thousands you threw into the insurance companies pocket back and use it towards fixing your ride, vs getting screwed??

i'll see you in hell then.

they've made more off him already then they're gonna pay for a new svt. and they'll always come out ahead in the rest of the years that he owns a car.

This is another in an unfortunately long line of posts where someone let someone else drive their car with disastrous results. The number one mantra in reply is always NEVER LET ANYONE ELSE DRIVE YOUR CAR! Now let's see how long it is before someone else has a similar problem. :nonono: :cry:
Karl

It's not a big deal because you drive it hard and I see no with them doing the same. Now if they are going to get so retarded that they find the cars limits then that is a different story.

Now if they are going to get so retarded that they find the cars limits then that is a different story.

And that is exactly what happened. Lesson learned for me is to be so very picky about who I go driving with or who drives my car. Lesson learned for him is not to drive like a Jackass in someone else's car. He confessed to me today how fast he was going and it was quite a bit faster than I would have even considered pushing the car on that road. :nonono:

A mans car is like his woman. Let them look but not touch.....and dont let anyone drive her either. Hopefully everything will work out in your favor.

I'm sorry to hear akrump.

Your car was coming together. since i first say it at bravo's 2-3years ago.

Are you buying the car back at all?

Wow, I'm so sorry.
You're a better person than I am. I could never control my temper like you have towards your friend.
I hope everything works out to your advantage. So sorry :(

Thanks Harry. I remember your car too. Definitely one of the sharpest Tred's I've seen!

Yes the plan is to get it back and part it out. There's too many goodies in that car to just throw away (HMS trans, Weapon-R headers, etc ...)

Just waiting for Detroit Police to release the accident report so that my insurance claim can be wrapped up.

An idea I had

An idea I had

I noticed this Silver SVT in another post it's in a NY junkyard for powertrain reasons apparently. SVT in a NY junkyard I don't know if it has hidden structural damages or titleable (or if you have the mech skills), but you have parts.

Thanks Harry. I remember your car too. Definitely one of the sharpest Tred's I've seen!

Yes the plan is to get it back and part it out. There's too many goodies in that car to just throw away (HMS trans, Weapon-R headers, etc ...)

Just waiting for Detroit Police to release the accident report so that my insurance claim can be wrapped up.

Thanks man, i remember driving threw bravo's and looking over at a lowered svt. I was like hmm i wonder who owns that. Everybody who owns an svt looks out for other svts like a hawk.

Sure enough you did the same when you saw me.

Even at redline when you made it out, your car looked great.

Well your smart for buying it back and parting it out.Good luck with what ever your buying next. Make sure to post your new car when you get it.

Is it really neccessary to part it out. Can't that be fixed? The damage doesn't look too bad, although I don't know the exact damage. Maybe you can sell it to someone that can fix it. CSVTs are kinda rare. By parting it out, it's another less SVT on the road.:(

parting it out would net you some money too, way more than the insurance buy back. Also, very sorry for that, it looked really great and it probably would've outperformed a lot of cars.

Is it really neccessary to part it out. Can't that be fixed? The damage doesn't look too bad, although I don't know the exact damage. Maybe you can sell it to someone that can fix it. CSVTs are kinda rare. By parting it out, it's another less SVT on the road.:(

The front frame is bent out of shape, to fixthat so it goes in a straight line again is too much money and lets just say, would be really hard to do.

Update on my car. I'm getting it back from the salvage yard tomorrow, and towing it to a friend's house near me. I'm looking to part it out as completely as possible. The drivetrain, everything under the hood, bumpers, full interior, glass are all intact. Most of the damage was to the floorpan and rocker panel on the drivers side, and the F/R suspension. Wheels and springs might be OK though. I'll know for sure once we get it back and have a chance to look it over carefully.

I'll post a thread in the classifieds soon about parts availability.

Got the car back today. Adding insult to injury, some punks broke into it and stole my basslink out of the trunk while it was at the collision yard. Cut the trunk release cable and smashed in the trunklid. Detroit Police can kiss my ass for taking this long to release the police report. :mad:

We plugged a battery booster in and it started right up. Actually drove out of the yard and then off the tow truck later. Suspension is all crooked though and both doors on the driver side can't close. The floorpan, rocker and B-pillar are all bent on that side.

We started gutting it tonight. Got most of the interior out and all the front-end body panels, lights, etc. Tomorrow we're hoping to get the engine and trans out.

This is truly the end of the road for my car but it feels good to take it apart in an odd way.

Back